New phone contract time

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2458
    edited July 7
    Steffo said:
    beed84 said:
    I recently paid my device plan off with O2 so I could change to GiffGaff and reduce a £24 per month for 5GB (I know) to £8 per month for 6GB of data. Although O2 couldn't offer me a better deal over the phone, the bloke I spoke to directed me to USwitch. Turned out I could stay with O2 and get 15GB for £7.99 on a 12month sim only deal. Only took a few clicks to sort.

Anyway, it depends what you need, but there are similar deals with Three:

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/
    Worked like a charm, 30GB for 7.99, from 22.99 for 15GB. Thank you!
    Nice one, I'm glad it helped. And if you want to reduce your bill further (or potentially eliminate it altogether) you could always sign up to Airtime Rewards (now rebranded as Airtime): 

https://www.airtime.co.uk

Just spend as you normally would with eligible retailers and get cash back towards your bill. If you're with one of the major networks, it's a no brainer IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1801
    You can also use topcashback if using Uswitch and get about £10 for buying a sim only deal.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 478
    Got a SIM-only contract from EE which has 160Gb data for a shade over £20. I never use much data myself but the option to gift chunks of it to the offspring is very useful. Coverage isn't bad but I also have a vodafone contract from work so I'm pretty well covered for all eventualities. Round where I live O2 signal is non-existent so they are a non-starter along with anyone who piggybacks off their network.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1801
    BigMonka said:
    Update.

I switched to VOXI today from 3.  £10 for 45g of data with unlimited social media (who cares?).  First impression...I get a signal at work so that's a plus!
    Doesn’t Voxi use the 3 network? That’s weird that you’d get better signal with them. But that’s a great deal and all the better if it’s an improvement in signal!
    Smarty uses 3.  Voxi is Vodafone.
    Aha, my mistake. Glad it’s worked out well for you.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6280
    for anyone looking, simsherpa is a good resource. They suggest things that aren't on price comparison sites, which seem to be quite sponsored to me.

Also, these network hitch hikers like Lebara, Smarty etc sometimes don't have access to the whole provider's network. I found Smarty to be useless. It does depend on your local reception, obviously. I don't trust the network maps too much either, based on my own experience (but I am sort of in the sticks).