Pedal idea...

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
So I was thinking something like this could be cool:

Take an input, and when a momentary switch is pressed, spit it to the SEND. You have a RETURN also. Return signal is always passed to the main output.

Idea being, you could put it after a stereo reverb or delay pedal, and take the send back around into the 2nd input of the delay pedal, and essentially create a feedback loop. The delay would essentially start to oscillate to all fuckery, but when you release the switch, it would echo off as you'd expect the delay to do so.

Thing is, you could have all sorts of other effects in there, like a chorus before it hits the delays 2nd input for example.

Doing it with a reverb would be interesting. Anyway.... a small utility pedal, I'm sure it'd be pretty easy to make.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27955
    (you should copyright, or patent, or whatever, ideas like this)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ehhh...
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Interesting perhaps not too far from the mods people do for the echo base ... or even perhaps on the Skreddy Echo's send and return.

There was one that applied pedals to the most recent repeat and that didn't get fed back in.. and another that compounded the function on compound echos ... that's kinda what the Echo does so if you octave the signal it ramps up and up and up till only Dogs and Superman are dancing to your guitar licks ;0)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31139
    I would love a rack or floor pedal with my fave modulations buffered.
    Phase, Vibe, Flange chorus

MXR MojoSound Elec Miss Ce1 in the order. Pls someone make it me.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17878
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    So I was thinking something like this could be cool:

Take an input, and when a momentary switch is pressed, spit it to the SEND. You have a RETURN also. Return signal is always passed to the main output.

Idea being, you could put it after a stereo reverb or delay pedal, and take the send back around into the 2nd input of the delay pedal, and essentially create a feedback loop. The delay would essentially start to oscillate to all fuckery, but when you release the switch, it would echo off as you'd expect the delay to do so.

Thing is, you could have all sorts of other effects in there, like a chorus before it hits the delays 2nd input for example.

Doing it with a reverb would be interesting. Anyway.... a small utility pedal, I'm sure it'd be pretty easy to make.
    Could you do it with an EHX Chillswitch?

Signal path into the left input of the delay/verb out of the left into the chillswitch and loop the righthand side through the chillswitch loop. 

I think some delays have a feature a bit like that anyway like the DD-6 warp mode.
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 147
    ^ this, theres also dba total sonic annihilation. Google "feedback looper" for some plans looks easy enough to build (or 30 or so notes for the ehx)
  • It is really easy to make.  I have made a couple that do exactly that for a couple of noisescaper friends.  One uses is for a reverb tank I built her and then I built the other into a fuzz which the guy uses on his bass and keyboard. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Also compared to you description the only difference I made was to buffer the split so you didn't loose quality of the original signal at the point you engaged the loop.  You can also put a volume pot in the loop to adjust the feedback. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Gassage said:
    I would love a rack or floor pedal with my fave modulations buffered.
    Phase, Vibe, Flange chorus

This seems to fit your needs. Just bought one so I'll give you my impressions soon.
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    The keeley AD9 has a tbp switch installed, and the original pedal switch is then used as a momentary switch to do something like that. Don't know what exactly but it sounds cool.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.