Marshall noob question..

So I am looking to fix up my Marshall Mosfet lead 100 amp; in particular the missing knob and handle cover..

Looking at the existing knobs.. they look kinda Brown body with faded gold tops.. I guess the new ones would be Black with gold tops so am I best to get a full matching set of 10 as opposed to hoping I can find a brown-esque one??

The new handles look like they have one screw to attach at either hand but again mine has too..  I'm beginning to think it may be easier to "new for old"...  advice?? 

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    You can still get the brown knobs from Marshall, although they do still look slightly different from the originals so it's probably best to get a full set. Marshall may still have the correct handles too, although I'm not sure.

Give them a call and ask for the spares department, they're extremely helpful - they still do business the old-fashioned way too, you can call them on their main number 01908 375411 and speak to an actual human being :). Tell them what amp it's for and they will know if they have the right bits.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• would there be any reason why using a jack lead as temp footswitch would cause an intermittent master volume drop??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Not that I can think of.

Check that the FX loop jack contacts aren't causing it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Could the return jack be used exclusively? Ie bypass the preamp and use the power stage only?
    My trading feedback

Could the return jack be used exclusively? Ie bypass the preamp and use the power stage only?
    Yes. The FX loop comes after the MV though, so make sure that whatever you plug into it has a volume control.

• It sure does. . Which was a shock to my ears.

I am waiting on a proper footswitch so hopefully the volume issue won't persist.
    My trading feedback