Frank Ifield 1937 to 2024

What's Hot
JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 450
A musical voice of my childhood. My aunt left a stack of 45s and a Dansette record player when she emigrated to Oz as a Ten Pound Pom.

great singer and was as famous for his yodelling as much as Roger Whittaker was for his whistle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0vv1ngrq5yo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2440
    I remember that he was one of my mum's favourites. To be honest, I thought he'd died years ago but I'd thought of him as being older than he was. Anyway, he was very popular back in the early Sixties and gave The Beatles a bit of a leg up in their early days apparently. RIP.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7849
    Quite shocked to learn he was still alive. My mum also had some 45's from her teens that she played when I was a kid.  I'd always thought he was in his 40s during the 60s.

Brings back some happy childhood memories. RIP Frank!

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4376
    Did he sing “I  remember you “ ?  I think it was on a pub jukebox when I was a kid !  Seemed odd amongst all the pop stuff . RIP 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19797
    Not the most popular of performers for a good while in the UK, but he was a phenomenally successful artist in the 1960's.
    He was the second artist after Elvis Presley, to score three consecutive number one chart singles in the UK.
    That is pretty big by any standards.
    RIP Frank & yodel on  ;)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12582
    My mum was a fan in the 60’s and definitely had “I Remember You” on a single. I think he appealed more to people of a certain age at the time. I also thought he was long dead and was a bit surprised to read he was only in his 20s when he struck fame. 
    RIP Frank. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3630
    Ah yes, I remember you.

RIP Frank.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1178
    When I was a kid, Mum had "I Remember You" and "She Taught Me To Yodel".  I used to yodel all around the house.  RIP Frank...yodelaytee!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7367
    ah, the yodelling voice from the days when Britain was still just black and white... a lifetime ago.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    Dominic said:
    My mum was a fan ........him and Frankie Vaughn .........and The batchelors ...................all a long time ago
    ...and now all bound for Morningtown, many miles away.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2675
    I remember being surprised to realise that I Remember You was a cover of a song from the 40s, I had always assumed Ifield's version was the original.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”