Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #106

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #106. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @susbemol ;for this backing track

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st May 2024.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    5 Points - @susbemol - Very melodic, nice snappy tone and attack. Some good harmonies in there and a bit Nuno-esque around 48 seconds.

3 Points - @fastonebaz - Again, the melody in the tamer parts suited the track and the face melting parts had some wonderful legato and other great technique in there. I envisaged smoke coming off the fretboard after that :)

1 Point - @flying_pie - Some good inventive lines in there and nice phrasing. I like how the solo sounds "distant" in the mix, but not buried. Very deceptive as it seems to sound front and centre.

Great solos again from @stratman3142 and @Bennyboy-UK , was that a bit of Bon Jovi that slipped in there, Benny? :)

Like it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1760
    (Hahaha! Yep I stuck a couple of jokes in there! In retrospect maybe I shouldn’t have!!!)
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4196
    5pts @stratman3142 ; really enjoyed the crisp tone and bouncy melody.  Nice work.

3pts @susbemol a masterpiece in composition, creativity and performance, I just preferred  the tone of Stratmans

1pts @Bellycaster loved that wah section especially

Great work all round.
  • Bennyboy-UKBennyboy-UK Frets: 1760
    I’ll quickly bang in my votes now but promise I’ll add some proper comments for everyone to follow:

5pts @susbemol ;
    3pts @stratman3142 ;
    1pt @fastonebaz ;

As ever I rate everyone who puts the effort in to write and record something for SOTM - well done everyone!!

Cheers,
    Ben.
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    (Hahaha! Yep I stuck a couple of jokes in there! In retrospect maybe I shouldn’t have!!!)
    No, It all adds to the fun of it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 441
    Lovely stuff from everyone again but as we must choose only three:

5 points - @fastonebaz ;- Super energetic shredz as usual. I really liked the kill switch bit.

3 points - @Bellycaster ;- Laid back but weighty tone. Nice buildup with the overlapping parts in the middle section.

1 point - @Bennyboy-UK has been a naughty boy with his Deep Purple and Bon Jovi quotes so he gets only one point this time. Joking of course, I liked that! :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2230
    5 points : @susbemol ; : Packed with loads of ideas. Dual guitars. Clipped notes creating a sense of space and giving room for things to breathe. Inventive and nice phrasing.

3 points: @fastonebaz : Soaring melodic shredding. Steve Vai'ish. This stuff is your forte. Have to confess I slowed it down at about 11s using Transcribe! to nick the idea of that fast legato lick :)

1 points : @Bennyboy-UK : It sounded like you were really going for it and I liked the jokes. Good what you did in the break. The tone was perhaps a bit muffled for my taste

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Voting ends tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1836
    5 points @susbemol ;

3 points @fastonebaz ;

1 point @Bellycaster ;

As always not really much between them and great playing all round. It all came down to what approaches were a better fit to the track subjectively 
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4196

3 points: @fastonebaz : Soaring melodic shredding. Steve Vai'ish. This stuff is your forte. Have to confess I slowed it down at about 11s using Transcribe! to nick the idea of that fast legato lick :)

@stratman3142 ;
    I don't even know what I did there :lol: Probably best not to slow it down, that's when all the sloppiness can be heard :grimace: