Old style Marshall Guvnor...

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Does anyone have a baseplate for one of these? I've got this:

But it needs a bit of TLC...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I think that will share the same base plate as the shred master and drivemaster etc?

You can get drive masters for £20ish on ebay if you are lucky. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    The Shredmaster is a different case altogether. By eye the Guvnor is about 10mm shorter.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913
    cardboard and gaffa tape?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72949
    I'd consider re-housing the whole thing in a standard box with upgraded parts. The switch and jacks are crap and and the knob placement isn't ideal

Unfortunately the Drivemaster isn't the same shape so the casing won't fit.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ahhh dont listen to me then :-)

A rehouse sounds like the best option then
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    I'd re-house it and re-do the jacks and switch. They are the two weak links on these pedals as already mentioned.

My old one is great, but these two issues stop me from gigging it, as I think I may kill it.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ah I was going to probably flog it, but if it aint worth much and I can't get a replacement casing for it, don't think I can be arsed to rehouse it!
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7182
    Drew_fx said:
    Ah I was going to probably flog it, but if it aint worth much and I can't get a replacement casing for it, don't think I can be arsed to rehouse it!
    Re-house it and it would be a Prince Of Tone clone...
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway