American vintage 59 pickups I.D help

mark123mark123 Frets: 1357
I'm interested in a Roadworn strat for sale on here but neither me or the seller know if the pickups are American 59s or have been changed,( He purchased it s/h off e- bay) .
They have 260 in white on the back with either a z or H on as well.

Anyone know .? Have the same model ?.

After googling it  i came to this link on a Strat talk forum and they were divided with some saying yes and others saying they should have 59 on the back .

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/are-these-real.613548/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    edited May 28
    The hieroglyphs in your photograph resemble no Fender markings that I have ever seen. 

I agree with the Strat Talk guy bluejazzoid that the cable runs look nothing like Fender factory handiwork.

I conclude that the "260" pickups are not original to the pickguard in the photograph or to the Roadworn Stratocaster.

In your position, I would angle for a discount. 

UPDATE
    Having since found the Guitars£ listing, at that price, my suggestion is to snaffle it up. You can easily remove the "260" pickups, sell those and squander the proceeds on your preferred pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1357
    What are the 260 pickups ??
  • Yeah, my 59 neck also says 59 on it, and it came stock in the guitar (Hot Rod 50s Strat).

Can't ID the 260s on a quick google. They might be nice. If someone pulled out 59s for these, they were presumably something they believed would be an upgrade.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1357
    Yeah, my 59 neck also says 59 on it, and it came stock in the guitar (Hot Rod 50s Strat).

Can't ID the 260s on a quick google. They might be nice. If someone pulled out 59s for these, they were presumably something they believed would be an upgrade.
    The trouble is that it can also work the other way , whoever had it may have liked the pickups and wanted them so put a cheap set in before selling it , we'll not know either way till someone identifys the 260s pickups .