Help understanding wiring diagrams on Duesenberg

What's Hot
koss59koss59 Frets: 888
Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 888
    edited May 29
    Hi can anyone tell me exactly what happens in the middle position on the second diagram?
    Im trying to possibly lose the out of phase type sound and have normal wiring but not sure if its still coil tapped bridge in this suggested wiring they have sent me? Is it still out of phase?
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    @Andy_Strings did mine for me. He took out one capacitor. 
    edited May 29
    Cheers @shaunm what did you think to the results?
    I was under the impression the pickups were out of phase with each other and a cap but also coil tap bridge.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    Looks about right. You need to remove the capacitor and then flip the phase. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1693
    @koss59 i will send you a clip or two over on Facebook later. It’s a vast improvement in my opinion. I liked the middle position but rarely had a use for it. Now the middle position is much more useable. It sounds great and suits the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    edited May 29
    The upper diagram includes a partial coil split for the humbucker when both pickups are selected. The phase relationship depends on which coil of the humbucker remains fully operational when paired with the neck position pickup.

The lower diagram is the simplest neck/both/bridge circuit. This could still involve phase reversal if the pickups are of magnetically opposite polarity.

In both diagrams, the same colour coded conductors are connected to the selector switch in the same order. Hence, no electrical phase change has occurred. Instead, phase reversal would involve repositioning the magnet(s) in one of the pickups.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    shaunm said:
    @koss59 i will send you a clip or two over on Facebook later. It’s a vast improvement in my opinion. I liked the middle position but rarely had a use for it. Now the middle position is much more useable. It sounds great and suits the guitar.
    You’re a star mate thanks. If we can get to the bottom of what changes you had made that would be brilliant.
    Would love to hear clips if you get time later.
    Really appreciate this thanks. 
    It definitely seems something worth trying.