An Answer Exists: Sending Logic Pro information to Reaper

What's Hot
TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4874
edited June 5 in Studio & Recording
The drummer in my band has switched DAWs from something very old and unsupported that he's used for years over to Reaper. Windows platform.

I'm doing demos in Logic Pro. Some of the demos have more than one tempo set in the project. Some are actually started off using adaptive tempo when importing an audio file of me just playing something into my phone, with a tempo that ebbs and flows nicely.

Is it possible for me to send him the tempo information in my project along with the MIDI or audio files and have him import them in any meaningful, usable way? 

At the moment, we're only sending audio stems. 

Ta! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4874
    No-one else seems to know - probably because no-one else here has the need to do it. Anyway, I've found out a workable answer and we've tested it. Here it is... 

In Logic, make sure your project has a MIDI track with at least one MIDI command in it. A drum hit, or a software piano note, perhaps). Stretch the MIDI region to be as long as the project. Export it.

In Reaper, import the MIDI track, accept the tempo information as part of the import and it brings the tempo track from Logic in with it. Job done as far as we need. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom