SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(FS) 1978 Peavey T40 + hardcase PRICE DROP TO £300

What's Hot
sneesnee Frets: 4
edited November 2014 in Guitars £
A 1978 Peavey T40. It has toured and is 30+ years old so bear that in mind, but this thing is a tank, solidly built with heavy duty hardware. 

It has a drilled hole in the headstock where a previous owner has thought about doing a 5 string conversion, but it doesn't affect the strength or playability. Everything is original, except the internal part of the jack socket. It's missing 1 volume knob and the truss rod cover both of which you can get on Ebay easily. I'm including a plush lined hard case.

Having a bit of trouble pricing this as these are rare to find for sale, especially in the UK, but I understand it's not in mint condition. I've been advised off a Facebook buy and sell group to go in the range of £350 - £400. But I am more than willing to listen to offers.

No trades.
Based in Glasgow.

PRICE DROP TO £300

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17940
    tFB Trader
    That is cool as fook!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Agreed!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sneesnee Frets: 4
    Bump.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    These are great basses,  David Hungate of Toto used to use one of these on a regular bassis [pun intended]   :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Not in a band anymore, hence sale, but this has been easily my favourite bass I've ever owned.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16995
    edited November 2014

The school i used to work at had one of these.   I offered to replace it with a few cheaper student models but they were not having it.

Weighed a ton, but a great bass.

I think the value you have been told would be for one without the extra headstock hole,.   If I had some spare cash at the moment i would make an offer

Like I say this was a rough valuation, offers very much accepted.
    PRICE DROP T0 £300
    BUMP.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    For anyone contemplating this.... BUY IT! Bloody marvellous basses, sustain forever, the electronics are mega versatile (variable coil tap on the tone controls so the humbuckers come in as you dial it back to about 8, out-of-phase switch, loads of tonal possibilities). I foolishly sold mine when I was cash starved a few years ago and massively regret it.
    Mike, while I loved playing this beast on stage, it really was in a different class in the studio. Precision to Rickenbacker in seconds.
    Bump.
  • is this still for sale???