Comments

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3401
    Just about to post this.. lots of awareness achieved by him and mates/colleagues for MND

sad day :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    edited June 2 tFB Trader
    Sad sad news - I'm not sure if I have genuine hero's but admire many - Rob is probably the closest I've had to a hero - The whole of his life he was told he was to small and he'd never make it - I'm a Leeds fan and a Rhino's fan and he was part of an era when the team won everything - He won just about everything in the game - He transcended the game and was loved by fans from all teams - What he achieved on the pitch and off the pitch, in conjunction with Sir King Kev was incredible - So sad and now I have a tear in my eye - RIP and thanks for so many wonderful memories, on the pitch, thanks for been yourself, thanks for been such a wonderful human being  and for your wonderful inspiration 

I'm sure in many ways it is a blessing, but it doesn't feel like that right now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24202
    I've no interest at all in rugby league, to be honest, but I do listen to 5 Live all the time so I've heard a lot about Rob Burrow's story the last few years.  I really hate these bastard diseases that can't be cured - a long-standing work colleague died of MND less than a year ago - so well done to Rob Burrow, Kevin Sinfield, Doddie Weir et al for all they did to raise awareness and money for research.

Also on a personal note, respect to Rob Burrow for being a little man who became a giant in a big man's game.

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4971
    Wise words from Matt Newsum, BBC rugby league correspondent: 

"Rob Burrow was no ordinary rugby league player and certainly no ordinary human being. He was the best of both."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/articles/c2qqwvwzp5zo

RIP and thoughts with his loved ones.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24907
    What a deeply impressive human being he was. RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12582
    We all knew the day would come but still sad to see it’s finally here. RIP Rob. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12895
    Philly_Q said:

Also on a personal note, respect to Rob Burrow for being a little man who became a giant in a big man's game.

That just put a tear in my eye.  Well said.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15020
    tFB Trader
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:

That just put a tear in my eye.  Well said.
    If you've only got a tear now, this should finish you off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/cl44vdl5j67o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom