Humidity panic

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• If guitars really did need to be kept at 50% humidity I'd only be able to play mine in a special sealed room :D  

in reality, I live in an old house in a very wet place and it very rarely gets down to even 60% inside. It's usually around 65 to 80 depending on weather.  No I'm not dying of lung disease, the walls aren't covered in mold and my guitars still work.  I wouldn't worry about it - you can't dehumidify the whole world.

I'd have thought it's rapid changes of humidity and temperature that are more of a problem for wooden things.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4444

You do need 3 x AAA batteries though...yeah, 3, not sure why the odd number.  I just use some Amazon basic rechargeables.

Possibly for enough margin to feed a regulator deriving a 3.3VDC logic rail.

And yes, I am yet again putting off finishing a job I don't like the look of :lol:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    If guitars really did need to be kept at 50% humidity I'd only be able to play mine in a special sealed room :D  

in reality, I live in an old house in a very wet place and it very rarely gets down to even 60% inside. It's usually around 65 to 80 depending on weather.  No I'm not dying of lung disease, the walls aren't covered in mold and my guitars still work.  I wouldn't worry about it - you can't dehumidify the whole world.

I'd have thought it's rapid changes of humidity and temperature that are more of a problem for wooden things.
    The app keeps a history, so you can also see the long term trend, as well as any daily changes.

• InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 314
    edited July 18
    I have one of these clocks, which shows ambient temperature and humidity. It doesn't look out of place around a lot of guitar/amp stuff, I reckon.
    [Search for "Wooden Desk LED Digital Clock Alarm Time Temperature Humidity"]

Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
  • KevSKevS Frets: 551
    edited July 19
    Going through Similar..Average is around 64 to 67 also..
    I got myself a hygrometer..
    I was in a panic,now in a semi panic..
    I just didn't want to do a daily humidity report tagging it onto my original thread..

I have my 12 string tuned down to D anyway..
    I'm hoping the wood stays where it is for Summer and things go flat for Winter..

Bellies forming on acoustic guitars..Not bad yet,,but...Still Worried..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176395710503
  • KevSKevS Frets: 551
    InactiveX said:
    I have one of these clocks, which shows ambient temperature and humidity. It doesn't look out of place around a lot of guitar/amp stuff, I reckon.

Just bought one based on looks..Thanks for that..  :)
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 314
    KevS said:
    InactiveX said:

Just bought one based on looks..Thanks for that..  :)
    It looks better in the real than the images portray.

Have fun doing the initial setup. :p

Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    Got my first Humidity warning today! The room hit 60%. Last 24hrs it went from 53% to 60%.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12893
    Got my first Humidity warning today! The room hit 60%. Last 24hrs it went from 53% to 60%.
    My gizmo has arrived.  Going to set it up today.  Thanks again for the nod Raymond.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    My gizmo has arrived.  Going to set it up today.  Thanks again for the nod Raymond.
    I honestly want a few more round the house lol they are so good.