NAD: '65 Deluxe Reverb

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 1092
GAS'd for one of these for ages, but so,etching has always come in ahead of it (Hiwatts, a Blues Jr. etc) but I finally have it. It helps I had it on eBay saved search and one came up in mint condition with a flight case. Haven't had a lot of time to put it through its paces, but I can see this getting a lot of use. I rarely play clean, but I've not found the need to crank this to overdrive - those cleans are fantastic. IT really let's you appreciate the actual tones of the guitars, especially on the neck and middle positions (my jag, jazzmaster, strats etc have all sounded amazing). Really pleased with my purchase so far, just a pity that my next full band gig isn't until next weekend. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes, they are lovely amps. Got rid of mine as it wasn't getting used in the pretty loud rock band I'm in, but would be my first choice for a lot of styles What's in all the cases? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Nice :D
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    edited November 2014
    John_A said:
    What's in all the cases? :)
    Of the ones that aren't labeled, the silver one is a Rickenbacker vintage reissue, the black plastic one next to it is a modern Rick, the grey speckle one is a Johnny Marr Jaguar (I think) and the next one is a USA Std/Series Fender.

:)

Who nicked the wheels off the flightcase? Hopefully they're included...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    ^ your eyes are better than mine
  • I don't think a more visually attractive guitar amp exists than a Blackface Deluxe Reverb.

I'd actually like to own one based on that alone....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Good swag and welcome to the club :)  I love it when the clean just starts to compress and growl when you dig in. Lovely quiet circuit and reverb too - also perfectly useable as a home practice amp with the right choice of drive pedal. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited November 2014
    Nice one. Lovely looking and sounding amps and I'd love to own one. In fact I'm seriously thinking of trading in my H&K TM36 head and 1x12 cab and getting one!!! It takes pedals so well.

Enjoy your purchase
  • Nice. Can I ask how much you paid for it? What's the wattage? Also do you have to get it insanely loud to start overdriving nicely?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    ICBM said:
    John_A said:
    What's in all the cases? :)
    Of the ones that aren't labeled, the silver one is a Rickenbacker vintage reissue, the black plastic one next to it is a modern Rick, the grey speckle one is a Johnny Marr Jaguar (I think) and the next one is a USA Std/Series Fender.

:)

Who nicked the wheels off the flightcase? Hopefully they're included...

This guy does have a good eye. Certainly got those ones right...there's still some hidden round the corner too. But that's for a different thread ;) There was no castors on he case, and there's no holes for them either. I kind of prefer it this way, the amps not so heavy that I'd want to roll it anyway and will take up less room in the car. Maybe in the future I'll think about adding them but at the moment I just like it as a cover to stop damage, and a stand for gigs. The amp is 22 watts, and it does have to be cranked to distort. This will never bother me though, as I have a Cornish SS3 that I use for my overdrive sound. The KTR Klon also gets it to overdrive very nicely with more of the amps own sound coming through.
  • those labels make a thieves life nice and easy ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Yet another amp on my very long list of must buys.
    Happy NAD!
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    meltedbuzzbox;402043" said:
    those labels make a thieves life nice and easy ;-)
    Not when you can run as fast as me ;)