Keyboard and Piano plugins

What's Hot
ewalewal Frets: 2644
I'm looking for a reasonably priced keyboard and piano plugin for use in Reaper - I used to have a few free ones I used on Windows, I've not yet been able to replace now I've moved to a Mac Mini.

This appears to cover everything I want/need. Any other obvious options?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/4461-Essential-Keyboard-Collection
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 828
    Have a look at Pluginguru Unify, much much more than just a piano VST, but it does that very well as well.
    Best VST purchase I ever made, IMO, in the last 3 years or so.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • oafoaf Frets: 301
    Pianoteq or Keyscape are both good.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    Try Spitfire Audio "LABS" ... it's free and there are couple of nice piano sample packs in there (as well as a pile of useful weird stuff)
  • ewalewal Frets: 2644
    All good options - think LABS might be a good place to start - cheap and not too much to distract me from basic sounds.
    I used Piano One on Windows - I think I might've found a MacOS compatible version.
    I tried LABS, however it seemed very quiet and had to re-install once - don't want something that's unreliable...

I then started to think about NI options - Noire, Grandeur, etc. However my basic playing doesn't justify the expense, which would soon mount up if I needed one or two of the models.

So ended up buying the Sonivox Essential Keyboard Collection - it has all the sounds I'm after for £30. Hopefully that'll do the trick for the moment.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4298
    Dexed is great if you like the DX7 like me & it’s free . 
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 192
    ewal said:
    I'm looking for a reasonably priced keyboard and piano plugin for use in Reaper - I used to have a few free ones I used on Windows, I've not yet been able to replace now I've moved to a Mac Mini.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/64-Virtual-Instrument/4461-Essential-Keyboard-Collection
    Apparently these all work on Mac

Free Piano VST Plugins (2024 Update) - Bedroom Producers Blog
    ewal said:

Apparently these all work on Mac

Free Piano VST Plugins (2024 Update) - Bedroom Producers Blog
    Piano One is on that list - which is what I used an liked on Windows. I'll get round to getting it on to my Mac.