Holdsworth's Fatboy signature is back for a limited time

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2999
    @wizbit81 you need one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 465
    @Panama_Jack666 how could you think for a second that I don't have one?
    I have a green one like the Galaxy Theatre gig with a bridge pup made by Holdsy's best mate that Allan signed himself when I met him at the London gig/masterclass back in about 2006.
    Sadly his nice signed note to me in sharpie 'Good Luck with guitar Chris, from Allan Holdsworth' rubbed off over time because of my fat gut rubbing the message when I played (it was on the back of the guitar as the headstock was too small) and the fact I didn't lacquer it or however you'd get it to stay permanent. 
    Great guitars and a unique tone, very warm and fat and round. Neck is quite clubby but that's not a real problem, playability is insane as you'd expect. Allan's issue with them was that the tone was a bit too flubby for him and he could never sort that out so he stopped using them, plus as has been stated he couldn't get used to a headed one again. 
    It's not a 'go-to' in my arsenal but whenever I pick it up I go 'oh yeah this is a great guitar!'

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 465
    Picked it up because of this thread.....confirm it is indeed a great guitar and easy to get 'that tone' with it. :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 324
    wizbit81 said:
    Picked it up because of this thread.....confirm it is indeed a great guitar and easy to get 'that tone' with it. :D
    Ahem… pics please 
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 251
    edited June 21
    wizbit81 said: the London gig/masterclass back in about 2006.
    Gosh that takes me back. IIRC it was in West London Ealing way or something like that wasn't it? Didn't he do the UCL Bloomsbury Theatre show a few days before or am I misremembering the timing - long time ago!

I remember he broke a finger before the Bloomsbury gig so it had to be rescheduled, which played complete havoc with my job since I was doing a ton of evening / night work at the time.

EDIT: Actually, now I think about it, I'm pretty sure I saw Holdsworth in Bloomsbury around 1989, which is clearly way earlier than 2006. I definitely went to a "masterclass" in West London subsequently, but not sure it was as "recent" as 2006?