SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2x Patrick James Eggle '96 for sale

What's Hot
wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 465
edited June 4 in Guitars £
Hi all, 2 extremely lovely Eggle 96's here for sale from my personal collection. 
Both are from the newer range where Pat is going more for the traditional Fender loving market. The first is the shell pink one that was on the forum previously owned by @TheGASMan, a gentleman and a good friend of mine. He didn't like the SSS config and so added a stacked humbucker in the bridge (original single coil is included in the sale should you want to return it to SSS)
It's had the Eggle cold heat treatment that shrinks and cracks the lacquer and it looks great. The birdseye maple neck is smooth and feels extremely comfy to play. Price is 2k firm.

The other is a blue '96 which is a bit more modern. It has the modern trem and the locking tuners as well as Cream T SSH pickup config. This one has a more modern neck profile as well and is an all rounder capable of pretty much whatever you want to throw at it. Again, the cold shrink treatment has been applied to the finish, which is a sparkly blue which is hard to capture in pics, and it's absolutely covered in cracks when you get close to it, unlike the pink one which has much less of that going on. Price is also 2k firm.

Listing these because something has caught my attention (isn't it always the way!) and I need to sell to buy because of:
1. Finances (already in credit card debt because of buying guitars!)
2. I have finally run out of room for more guitars and amps and need to move something to let something else in now.

Why these two for sale? Well, I have 3 other '96's which all have fancy tops, so it made sense to me to list the plain ones. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 465
    Blue one on hold for its previous owner who wants it back :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3364
    These are lovely! I had a '96 but settled on an Oz in the end.

Questions:
    1. what is that yellow bass?
    2. are you actually working on 'Donna Lee' or did you choose it for the photo? ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @digitalkettle, yeah the Oz-T's are very nice too! I have two of those, one double hum and one two singles like a proper tele.  
    1. The yellow bass is a Dingwall NG2, very cool bass. I owned it for a couple of years but sold it and a very nice chap picked it up this morning. 
    2. Yeah I was reminding myself of the changes the other day. The head I've had memorised for ages and the form is fine but I forget the actual chords, like I do for every tune tbh :D Memory like a seive!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheGASManTheGASMan Frets: 392
    The shell pink SSS is a very well put together guitar and would still be with me if it was HSS. 
    Thanks @TheGASMan ;

Bump for a lovely guitar with a neck so good I can't believe it's not b*tter.
    Bumpty blue one is happily with its new owner now. 
  • Bob_GnarlyBob_Gnarly Frets: 139
    Can’t believe I missed the blue one again. I just missed out when this one changed hands last time too. Wasn’t meant to be I guess.
    Haha sorry Bob. I've also got dibs if it needs a new home again in the future. The pink one is just as good btw, just different style.