Anyone using the new Sonar or moved to another DAW?

After many years away from recording, I've got a load of old ideas in Sonar projects and feeling the urge to revisit those and work on new ideas. 

I can see that Sonar has morphed into Bandlab and back again so was wondering if anyone has used the new Sonar and whether it's any good in comparison with other paid DAWs. I haven't seen much about it online as yet.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    I used to be a Sonar user but once it went to bandlab I switched to Reaper and then Bitwig
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    I used to be a Sonar user but once it went to bandlab I switched to Reaper and then Bitwig
    How did you find the transition to Reaper and what made you move to Bitwig?
    tFB Trader
    Bungle1 said:
    How did you find the transition to Reaper and what made you move to Bitwig?

Initially I didn't like it as much and I found it a bit clunky, but once I'd got the hang it was fine.

I moved towards electronic music so I looked if a different DAW might work. I tried FL, Ableton, Bitwig and Studio One.

I found Bitwig was by far the best for me for electronic music, but if I was recording guitar bands I would have probably gone with Studio One.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    Ive just discovered Bitwig (Via an old Studio 8 Track version I got with some hardware) and love the Clip Launcher and scenes aspect for jamming and creating new ideas with drum and instrument audio loops. Looks like I just missed out on a recent sale, does anyone know of any discount codes for Bitwig?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1509
    I think Computer Music has a Bitwig Lite giveaway this month.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1413
    Yes it is very good in comparison to other daws in answer to ops question.
    If familiar with sonar, then no brainer and dont need anything else. Its the last full fat version of sonar free.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Ive just discovered Bitwig (Via an old Studio 8 Track version I got with some hardware) and love the Clip Launcher and scenes aspect for jamming and creating new ideas with drum and instrument audio loops. Looks like I just missed out on a recent sale, does anyone know of any discount codes for Bitwig?

Bitwig is awesome it's usually on sale twice a year. Next will be Black Friday.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    swiller said:
    Yes it is very good in comparison to other daws in answer to ops question.
    If familiar with sonar, then no brainer and dont need anything else. Its the last full fat version of sonar free.
    You can't fault it, it's free. I use it as my default. It can be a bit glitchy particularly with Novation controllers, but it's free, so a no brainer really