NPD and a warning about Peach guitars

MattGMattG Frets: 170
My birthday is coming up and i decided that i wanted a new pedal for it so as i was home this weekend my dad took me up to Peach guitars to check it out.
We arrived there at 3 not realising thats when it closed but one of the members of staff kept the shop open for us for a few more minutes so they pulled out the pedal and set me up with a nice little fender amp and artists package stripped '58  at the back of the shop and left us to it.
The pedal in question was a Rainger FX Freakenstien fuzz and he hung around as he was intrigued by the sonic madness produced by it and between the 3 of us we got it figured out.
20 minutes later he lets us know that he really need to head off as he has a train to catch so we pack up and go settle up, there had been an error with the pricing where the prices were considerably cheaper direct from the source so they did a price match and the next thing you know i'm back home with a new tool of sonic destruction.

So be warned if you go to Peach they are incredibly fair and more than willing to go above and beyond to help you out!
As for the pedal i shall do a video review when i get back to uni as i think that trying to describe it with words would be futile, but needless to say I am one very happy bunny and would recommend peach guitars to anyone in a heartbeat as they are the exact sort of people that should work in a guitar store.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9710
    edited November 2014
    Yep, good guys at both branches of Peach...

John has been incredibly helpful to me, and he's a pretty awesome guitarist to boot !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited November 2014
    I could not agree more, I had a problem with a second hand Gibbo bought on their online shop and they sorted it out for me without hesitation. The Rainger is nuts btw...
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    Nice :D
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    Only been in there a couple of times which is criminal since both my parents and in-laws live 5 minutes away, although I did only learn about the shop around 10 months ago.

However, seems like a good place and have never read anything bad about them on here. I consider myself lucky to have a shop like this so close by.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Why are all the good shops in the south east of the fucking country... Andertons, Gak, Peach... all of them.

North Wales doesn't exactly boast a wealth of guitar shops, although sounds great is in Manchester.

Still, whine over

Glad good service still exists :)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11741
    tFB Trader
    A nice story with a happy ending.
    The guys in Peach have always been very pleasant when I've been there.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited November 2014
    Peach are just bastards. Fancy trying to catch you out and keep you off balance with good friendly helpful service and fair competitive pricing. Its just outrageous - whatever is the world coming too. >:D< =))
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)