One guitar to amp, one guitar to DI, one pedal to A>B between one on one off?

What's Hot
ChéChé Frets: 305
edited November 2014 in FX
Pretty much, I have an acoustic guitar on a stand that I want to play live. When I'm playing it, I want to mute my electric guitar, then when I stop playing it, I want to un-mute my electric and mute the acoustic. I'd like to do with one switch. 

Thinking I'd have to get something made. Doesn't sound too hard. Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Use an a/b looper and run one through the input and loop a and the other through the output and loop b 
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    edited November 2014
    As they're going to different outs (one straight to the PA, one straight to an amp) why do you even need to "switch"? Surely just a mute switch is all you'd need at the very most for the acoustic? You could just turn your electric guitar down at the volume knob rather than even needing to kill the signal?

Or have I totally misread this?

Edit - lol, I have misread it. Ignore me :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Perhaps the acoustic is played on a stand that holds it in the playing orientation, while he has the electric on the strap. So, play an acoustic intro, say, and then one switch-press and changeover to electric.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• ChéChé Frets: 305
    edited November 2014
    Yeah thats's exactly right Nomad. Our songs switch up quite quickly and I'm thinking of ease of use playing live. Turning my volume down on one guitar and stepping up to the acoustic to play would probably result in my falling over… I'm thinking for one switch would be easier and cleaner.

Not sure I understand about the AB Looper. The guitars need to go to a separate output each. The electric to my amp, the acoustic to a DI.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Yeah they still can. Using it in that way will break the connection to one and make it with the other
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Yeah they still can. Using it in that way will break the connection to one and make it with the other
    Interesting. So something like a Boss LS2 would work?

Electric guitar to Input > Send A > Amp
    Acoustic to Return B>Output>DI

Have I got this right? 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    yes. I have a radial switch (I bought off here) that does A B or Both I use it to route a mandolin into my acoustic guitar rig