SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT Gibson Les Paul 61 SG Historic Custom Shop dark cherry

What's Hot
WoodandwiresWoodandwires Frets: 218
edited June 12 in Guitars £
For trade 2021 Gibson '61 Les Paul SG Historic in Dark Cherry. Complete with case, tags and COA. 6lb 9oz. There is a slight bleeding of the cherry dye into the binding (see pics) which is common to the historic range as they used authentic period correct dye.

The neck is topped with a lush bound Indian Rosewood fingerboard, complete with Block inlays this is a true vintage inspired masterpiece. Unlike normal Mahogany guitars, the SG is nice and light thanks to its thinline profile and simplistic design. With a 1960's Slim Taper profile, 24.75" scale length, a 12" radius and 22 medium Jumbo frets, it's comfortable and super familiar.

With a duo of Gibson Custom Buckers it offers bite and a super responsive, well-rounded tone. Perfect for players looking for the authentic Gibson PAF tone, these pickups offer clarity, definition and punch. Everything you would want from an SG. The iconic lightweight aluminium stop bar gives this SG the ultimate vintage feel.

Finish : Nickel VOS
Tuner Plating : Nickel VOS
Bridge : ABR-1
Saddle Material : Nickel-plated Brass
Tailpiece : Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
Tuning Machines : Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
Pickguard : Black Multi-Ply
TrussRod : Authentic 1950s No-Tube
Truss Rod Cover : Authentic Stepped 2-Ply "Les Paul"
Control Knobs : Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
Switch Tip : Cream
Switchwasher
Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
Control Covers : Black
Strap Buttons : Aluminum
Mounting Rings : M69 Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
Pickup Covers : Authentic Profile Nickel Silver

ELECTRONICS

Neck Pickup : Unpotted Custombucker Alnico III 
Bridge Pickup : Unpotted Custombucker Alnico III 
Controls : CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Black Beauty Capacitors
Pickup Selector : 3-Way Switchcraft
Output Jack : Switchcraft

MISCELLANEOUS

Strings Gauge
.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Case
Custom Shop Hardshell
Accessories
Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang

The guitar is in fantastic condition as is the case etc. I only recently got this, but I can’t get on with the neck it’s too narrow for my huge hands, so looking for something a bit more baseball bat, 50’s Les Paul size ideally. Trade value £3000 looking for SG junior, Les Paul double cut Junior or anything similar.

I hope Dave doesn’t mind me using his photos, plenty more available, just ping me a pm

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments