The Album Years Podcast by Steven Wilson & Tim Bowness

What's Hot
duotoneduotone Frets: 1017
https://thealbumyears.com/episodes/

“Music is finite, opinions are endless. On The Album Years podcast, long term friends, collaborators and music nerds Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness discuss and bicker about their favourite music released during the golden album years, which they reckon to be from around 1965 to the end of the millennium. Each episode focuses on a single year picked at random. At the end of each episode they pick their personal favourites and the album they think had the most long-term impact on music. Can you guess which albums they will pick?”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5209
    It's really good fun. As with most podcasts it very much depends on how you feel about the hosts, and I like the "old friends" dynamic here. 

They dive pretty deep, and their tastes are obscure enough that listening regularly could work out very expensive for you when you decide you need to buy all the weird albums they talk about. 

They've shifted to cutting the discussions in to smaller sections and dropping them over a series of weeks, which I'm less keen on than the longer, more complete format. Quality is the same though.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    I've really enjoyed the current 1985 episodes. I've spent a couple of weeks listening to Songs From The Big Chair and Cupid and Psyche as a result. Sometimes their favourite albums v best album choices by an artist can be quite amusing.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27881
    Thanks for the recommendation - I was looking for some decent music-related podcasts, so am now subscribed.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5209
    TTony said:
    Thanks for the recommendation - I was looking for some decent music-related podcasts, so am now subscribed.

Try the Rockonteurs (Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt interviewing mostly classic rock folks) and Broken Record (more contemporary artists from a broader range of genres). Sodajerker on Songwriting is an absolute treasure trove, with more emphasis on songwriting methods than on crazy tour stories, as the name suggests.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    Cheers for this.  Episode #1 has The Durutti Column -- hooray!   and Van Morrison -- boo! 
    Looks interesting.