So I've been Bigsby'd

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11105
in Guitar tFB Trader

My two rehearsal - and thus soon to be gigging guitars shortly - are both equipped with Bigsbys, and I'm finding it really hard to play my other instruments that lack Wiggle Sticks ... I'm so used to little dips and shimmers I seem to throw in all the time now, or full on, Duane Eddy, semitone up growls.  

I've always liked having a Bigsby but now it seems to be a requirement. 

Okay Dynasonics feature in both of these too ... but I really would like to have a P90 equipped something or other too ... 

As I mentioned in another thread ... really fancy an Epiphone Zephyr Blues Deluxe (I'd fit a Bigsby)  ... 
Or maybe a D'Angelico ... 

I already flogged my Floyd equipped Jackson ... in spite of giving it 'a good go' it felt too un-subtle, and I may well be ditching my personal Strat ... as I really hate the 'feel' of the trem compared to a Bigsby.  
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27695
    I don’t play anything like the same music but I completely agree. I’m honestly at the point where I feel half-naked paying a guitar with bigsby of late
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3310
    tFB Trader
    I love the goldo bigsby type trems over a real bigsby now, they feel better and smoother to me. 

They add something that a hardtail doesn't do and for the better imo.

The only other trem I'd have is a jazzmaster type, I loved my jazzmaster, one of the most stable too.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5893
    Completely agree. A guitar without a Bigsby is like sex without a partner. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 991
    edited June 12
    I’d never had a Bigsby until I bought my 335. I now play the 335 90% of the time and when I play another guitar I can’t help but keep going for the non existent Bigsby.
       Love ‘em, subtle yet sweet.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    edited June 12
    Almost all my guitars have a wiggle stick of some sort, with the vast majority sporting a Bigsby. 
    Tip: get a Reverend or BricksBigsFix squishy spring for your Bigsby. Makes a world of difference 

for P90 hollowness, I strongly recommend the Eastman T64V. Superb guitar, and mine came with a Bisby. I modded it with a long handle
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1197
    I love the look of them, and had one on my ES-335 for years. However I almost never used the Bigsby when gigging.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 639
    Question: on the Tele-type, did you need to shim the neck & set the bridge saddles higher to get enough break angle over the bridge? Or is the string height at the bridge the same as it would be on a regular Tele?

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11105
    edited June 12 tFB Trader
    It's identical to a regular Tele ... but the routing is extensive as those are full depth early 50s Dynasonics! The surrounds are also sunken into the body by about 1/4 of an inch too for clearance. 
    The Tele is an absolute brute ... powerful and cutting ... like a supercharged standard Tele at the bridge ... it kicks amps into drive really quite easily ... and sounds brilliant even with fuzz! 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message