NGD...Jet JS400 what a bargain!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2441
    Gizmo said:
    I had the JS400 in SFG, as noted by others the bridge was pretty much trash (sloppy trem arm) so i replaced it with at £25 Wilko from Aliexpress

Sold it after a few weeks because i didn't get on with the lower 9.5" radius, Neck profile was super though, i read the newer fazleys are pretty much the same neck profile but with a 12" board,so i might look at picking one of those up.
    Interesting... what model bridge is that? and was/is it a straight drop in? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 156
    tFB Trader
    Adji said:
    They are so good for the money. Got a JS300 about three years ago (not long after they first landed) and the neck is really great. Pickups are average at best, and the bridge feels a bit like its made from tin foil, but on the whole really great.

Earlier this year I got it fretted in 24EDO / Quarter tonal.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C59X7siMDyY/

Wow. You are a fine guitarist for sure.

Did you replace the bridge on yours? If so what did you use? 

No I haven't replaced anything except for the additional frets.

Its stable enough and works fine for the purpose of the guitar. I'd have to measure it etc to buy a replacement bridge, but I'm sure many of the basic ones would drop in.

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Sarge said:

it's a Wilkinson WVS50IIK only £25 @ ALIEXPRESS atm inc free 8 day del!

You'll need to pull the inserts/posts for the default jet trem but they come out pretty easy.

Another option for you might be one of these guyker trems i got off AMAZON for £46, stuck this on my J&D ash strat modder, this is crazy well made for the price and very smooth (again i think youd need to pull the inserts to fit this one aswell)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Gizmo said:
    Sarge said:

You'll need to pull the inserts/posts for the default jet trem but they come out pretty easy.

Another option for you might be one of these guyker trems i got off AMAZON for £46, stuck this on my J&D ash strat modder, this is crazy well made for the price and very smooth (again i think youd need to pull the inserts to fit this one aswell)

That Guyker trem looks cool, is the intonation set up ? The saddles look pretty straight line 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    DrBob said:
    That Guyker trem looks cool, is the intonation set up ? The saddles look pretty straight line 
    Well spotted ;) nope this was taken just after i strung it up in the workshop, ended up with Covid a few days after doing this and it haven't gotten around to finishing the setup yet...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2441
    Gizmo said:
    Sarge said:

Thanks a lot, I'll have a mooch around the UK sites for those. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 285
    Congrats I’ve picked these up but never played one as they have skinny necks.  However think they look great and they nailed a headstock design also.  Walking past one in a window you would think there a 1k guitar crazy bargains out there these days.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 2161
    Gizmo said:
    I had the JS400 in SFG, as noted by others the bridge was pretty much trash (sloppy trem arm) so i replaced it with at £25 Wilko from Aliexpress

Sold it after a few weeks because i didn't get on with the lower 9.5" radius, Neck profile was super though, i read the newer fazleys are pretty much the same neck profile but with a 12" board,so i might look at picking one of those up.
    That is my own exact model too. The necks are very skinny but for somebody who plays wider acoustics it's still quite comfortable. The tele version neck I just can't deal with much at all.
  • AcevAcev Frets: 34
    Just saw a new demo:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom