My Diago broke last night..

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
My Diago Showman broke last night at practice. Kinda annoying, the handle just came off and the metal is all fucked, and I'll probably have to buy a new handle. Tbh, this is my 2nd Showman and I've never been 100% happy with them. They're good for what they are, but the Pedaltrain has always enticed me - mainly because you can hide the power supply away underneath, but also because they're angled meaning you can reach to the back of the board easier. The down side is, I don't think I'll get my wah on as well as the pedals I'm intending to use (which are all due to arrive tomorrow dog willing!)

But I don't want the giant flightcase that comes with the PT cases. I was thinking of maybe going for one of those MONO pedalboard cases and getting a PT2 to put inside it.

Anyone using one of those?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I might have a spare handle at home.

I shall check for you tonight.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Tbh Mike I wouldn't worry about it, although I appreciate it :)

The thing is falling apart. Cut so many bits of wood of it to fit jacks here and there that really I just need to replace it. Question is with what!
  • I'd go for Pedaltrain over Diago. I've not had much luck with Diago, my Powerstation broke after not many months of use and it went back to be repaired and came back with a really crappy job that didn't fix the issue at all - my Commuter Pedalboard bag split, that went back to and returned with half a job as a repair which split again the first time I used it. I have had no issues with the PT Jnr and Mini that i've had.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • I thought Diago was your bass player?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I thought Diago was your bass player?
    Lacist.

But no. He's moved back to Espagne. Our original bassist has returned.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24783
    The Pedaltrain comes with a nice soft bag. TBH I think that is where the money goes.

I get a big wah on my PT2 easily enough, with another 8 or 9 pedals.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I've heard people say the soft bags are crap for PT

I've used a fully loaded PT2 for years in a soft bag and it has always been great!  

I've also heard good things about Mono though, so if you want to be sure, sounds like a good bet
    edited November 2014
    The thing with the MONO is, it looks like I'd be able to get everything else in there too. Rather than carrying the board and an extra bag, I can have it all inside the MONO. Kinda appeals to me from a speed of packing up perspective, and saving some room in the car.

RE: Wah... This is the sort of thing I'm thinking:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630473/boardprospective.png

But I'm not sure what space cables are going to need, and given I need cables for tap tempo to go to the delays... I could end up not having enough room.
  • Drew_fx said:
    you need a punch in the face if you use a TC Nova Modulator  ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Drew_fx said:
    you need a punch in the face if you use a TC Nova Modulator  ;-)
    Why?
  • maybe a bit extreme but have you never used one?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited November 2014
    maybe a bit extreme but have you never used one?
    I have used one on and off for the last 5 years. The vast majority of phaser sounds on our last album were from it.
  • I personally really disliked it. I found it didn't do anything all that well, it seemed either watered down or in some cases way too much. It seemed to lack a balance. Channel swapping was a ballache, the dual effect thing didn't seem to work all that well etc. 
    It ended up being an awkward to power over spec'd chorus pedal for one track when I was in a covers band. Even the psu cable had to be taped up. 

As you can probably tell im not really a fan

but hey if it works for you then fair play. I was just every surprised to see one for real usage, they dont seem to get all that much love. 

Apart from the noise, all of the Nova pedals are really quite good. I think it was pilot error in your case ;)
  • PTs come with a softcase or a flightcase...or with a Mono case...so you probably wouldn't have to buy separately.

You might find your wah picks up more noise on a PT. I had my wah where yours would be (right hand side) and a PP2+ mounted underneath (top left). Ended up running the wah off the board...more room for pedals ;-)
    digitalkettle;401659" said:
    PTs come with a softcase or a flightcase...or with a Mono case...so you probably wouldn't have to buy separately.

You might find your wah picks up more noise on a PT. I had my wah where yours would be (right hand side) and a PP2+ mounted underneath (top left). Ended up running the wah off the board...more room for pedals ;-)
    Yeah I read about that actually. Might be better to just run it off to the side
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8566
    edited November 2014
    One of these fits the Mono Tour pretty perfectly ;)

Sorry for the spam (though rest assured I'm not getting rich out of these, just enjoy making them)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27619
    edited November 2014
    The handles are the weak points on Diagos - I had to replace the handle on mine after about 4 years.

I swapped to PT Jr and haven't looked back tbh (I'm another with was on floor next to the PT). The soft case is actually really good. Might not want it for a bigger/heavier one but it's great for the little ones
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    dindude;401736" said:
    One of these fits the Mono Tour pretty perfectly ;)

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n505/dindude/8fb9b7935b75de291502a64df2d8aa17_zps24084414.jpg

Sorry for the spam (though rest assured I'm not getting rich out of these, just enjoy making them)
    You could at least post a price ;)

They look cool, but it doesn't seem to offer the height that the PT does. The PT allows you to put the PSU underneath, which is something I really dig the idea of.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8566
    No worries dood