Incoming Nacho caster

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Tele37Tele37 Frets: 67
    chris78 said:
    Tele37 said:
    Wow @chris78 that is simply stunning. Dare I ask how much these cost?!
    Sure 6,000 euros. They’re expensive. Less than a masterbuilt fender, a little more than a standard custom shop
    That’s actually a lot less than I thought you’d say. And 6 month wait? It puts Masterbuilt aging to shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 815
    Happy NGD, I'd never heard of one before this thread although was aware of the blackguard book and then i saw one for sale here in France on 'le bon coin' which is a site for selling anything, but has a musical instruments section. Guitars like most things in France are very optimistically priced.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jesonejesone Frets: 65
    Fishboy7 said:
    That's lovely - nice one.

Would it be worth popping over to Spain to pickup and (hopefully) dodge the taxes ?
    Presumably you’d then have to pay local taxes.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 383
    Guitar Point in Germany has some in stock - they’re £7k including VAT, so VAT would be charged in Spain if you were to fly over to collect it.

https://guitarpoint.de/en/all/?availability=%5Bstock%5D&s=Nacho

I’d take yours over any of those @chris78 ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 10182
    breadfan said:
    Guitar Point in Germany has some in stock - they’re £7k including VAT, so VAT would be charged in Spain if you were to fly over to collect it.

Still some lovely guitars in there. Makes sense they’re closer to 7k as the shop needs a margin for itself.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25052
    breadfan said:

There's a neck humbucker option then?  Modernist!
    Philly_Q said:
    breadfan said:

Yeah. This one is the only other one I’ve ever seen, which was double mini humbucker. Not for me, personally.
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/169140/withdrawn-far-too-good-to-go-nacho-caster-twin-mini-humbucker-tele-style-guitar
    chris78 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    breadfan said:

Yeah. This one is the only other one I’ve ever seen, which was double mini humbucker. Not for me, personally.
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/169140/withdrawn-far-too-good-to-go-nacho-caster-twin-mini-humbucker-tele-style-guitar
    I think I quite like it, although I said on the Firebird thread I'm not crazy about Firebird pickups, and that extends to mini-humbuckers.
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1212
    How did you get through to them @chris78? ;

I joined their email list more than a year ago but have never got any emails about when they were taking orders.
    Philly_Q said:
    chris78 said:
    Philly_Q said:
    breadfan said:

I think I quite like it, although I said on the Firebird thread I'm not crazy about Firebird pickups, and that extends to mini-humbuckers.
    Firebirds and mini humbuckers are very different beasts. I like the right firebird pickups - the ones Neil Ivision uses are like a fat Strat in the neck and fat tele in the bridge. Marvellous things

LPManic said:
    How did you get through to them @chris78? ;

I joined their email list more than a year ago but have never got any emails about when they were taking orders.
    Just emailed Nacho and he put me down for a build slot. I think my timing was good as he’d just released a run. I dare say given he’s shipping now, you might get lucky again if you ask
    chris78 said:
    Firebirds and mini humbuckers are very different beasts. I like the right firebird pickups - the ones Neil Ivision uses are like a fat Strat in the neck and fat tele in the bridge. Marvellous things
    Yeah, I know they're different beasts in similarly-sized covers.  But they're both variations on that "somewhere between a traditional single-coil and a full-size humbucker" sonic territory.  Call me a philistine, but I just prefer bog-standard humbuckers.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20535
    Philly_Q said:
    chris78 said:
    Yeah, I know they're different beasts in similarly-sized covers.  But they're both variations on that "somewhere between a traditional single-coil and a full-size humbucker" sonic territory.  Call me a phillystine, but I just prefer bog-standard humbuckers.
    FTFY
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7340
    tFB Trader
    chris78 said:
    It should be £1,000. Thanks brexiteers.
    Ive only ever seen one used which was a weird guitar with twin mini humbuckers on a blackguard
    Brexit is truly a bag of shit for many reasons but you'd have to pay the VAT anyway. The only difference is the (I think) 3% import duty now payable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13905
    Brexit is truly a bag of shit for many reasons but you'd have to pay the VAT anyway. The only difference is the (I think) 3% import duty now payable.
    Well with luck, our new government will come to a sensible arrangement with the EU which can make trading easier.  That was never going to happen under Johnson.  Then we can trade more freely without the political shackles it previously entailed.
    chris78 said:
    Ive only ever seen one used which was a weird guitar with twin mini humbuckers on a blackguard
    It was more a throwaway comment, but I think the price is the same in the EU or UK- it’s possible he’s charging vat unnecessarily but let’s be honest, a small exporter doesn’t have a chance with the rules and forms
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 549
    Gorgeous Tele, one of the best relicing I have ever seen, congrats Chris! 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 285
    That’s the beees kneeez
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7340
    tFB Trader
    chris78 said:
    chris78 said:
    It was more a throwaway comment, but I think the price is the same in the EU or UK- it’s possible he’s charging vat unnecessarily but let’s be honest, a small exporter doesn’t have a chance with the rules and forms
    Spain doesn't have a VAT threshold so to run a business you must register and collect VAT.
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 186
    edited July 19
    I wonder if shipping to another EU country (in my case Ireland) might be a little cheaper.

@chris78 did you get to choose the pickup type or was it just whatever he did in the last batch? I'd be open to a P90 in the neck, but not a humbucker.

It's a beautiful guitar btw.
    Octavio said:
    I wonder if shipping to another EU country (in my case Ireland) might be a little cheaper.

@chris78 did you get to choose the pickup type or was it just whatever he did in the last batch? I'd be open to a P90 in the neck, but not a humbucker.

It's a beautiful guitar btw.
    Options are limited but pickups were definitely one- you should be able to choose certainly a humbucker in the neck.