New Laney Iron heart and Lionheart loud pedals

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
edited June 14 in Amps
https://www.laney.co.uk/amps/guitar/ironheart/bccloudpedal-imm

Extras compared to the loudpedal are reverb, an IR loader and midi. So not too shabby, but I'd be interested in seeing the price on these...

Edit : £400 according to guitarguitar
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    edited June 14
    They are a well in the slipstream of similar offerings from Blackstar and H&K, but some may prefer the Laney sound I suppose.

I'm interested to see the extent of the MIDI implementation, i.e. whether presets can be saved or if it is just the usual missed opportunity for changing channels and loading IRs only, but the manual links for both devices are currently showing 404 screens on Laney's website product pages.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 437
    In terms of sound alone, I would take Laney over Blackstar or H&K any day.

The Laney would be ideal if it had a built-in PSU though, only needing a kettle lead like the Blackstar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    susbemol said:

The Laney would be ideal if it had a built-in PSU though, only needing a kettle lead like the Blackstar.
    The entire Loudpedal range suffers from this blight, from the original amp pedals through to the two head styled boxes.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3493
    edited June 14
    The Lionheart looks superb. Brilliant idea and I've had a feeling in recent months that it was coming. But I've gone down a different path now, so what once would have been a shoo-in for me, I'm gonna hopefully try to ignore! Looks superb though and sounds it too! Part of the magic of the Lionheart is that it's Class-A. I am curious to see if they've captured that with the "feel" and sound mentioned - given it's a solid state amp.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allenallen Frets: 774
    StefB said:
    but the manual links for both devices are currently showing 404 screens on Laney's website product pages.
    There you go
    https://manuals.laney.co.uk/BCC-LOUDPEDAL_LTQ_Manual_EN.pdf
    allen said:
    StefB said:
    but the manual links for both devices are currently showing 404 screens on Laney's website product pages.
    There you go
    https://manuals.laney.co.uk/BCC-LOUDPEDAL_LTQ_Manual_EN.pdf
    Thanks. 

As I suspected it’s a WYSIWYG control set like the Friedman IRs and MIDI can only be used for switching channel, reverb, boost, or external devices. 
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 190
    Can't tell if these are analogue solid state or digital? Obviously reverb and IRs will be digital but not sure about the main amp-y bit. 

They tick all the boxes for me.... Visible settings, option for amp or DI or both, etc. Need to wait for some non-sponsored demos & reviews. 
  • Solid state or digital by the looks. If you hadn't have mentioned it, I'd have gone on regretting my decision to not buy one whilst wrongly thinking that it was a tube preamp like the Friedman units. Doesn't look like it is!

Ahhh... hadn't realised it was a separate power transformer. Why do they do this??? Put it in the box and use a kettle plug!!
    Solid state or digital by the looks. If you hadn't have mentioned it, I'd have gone on regretting my decision to not buy one whilst wrongly thinking that it was a tube preamp like the Friedman units. Doesn't look like it is!
    Yeah, it's definitely valve-less... I'm just wondering whether it's transitory analogue or digital modelling. 
  • More than likely DSP, is where I’d be placing my bet. And mark my words, there’ll be a Lionheart plugin in due course, too. Which will be an insta-buy for me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TJT1979 said:
    Ahhh... hadn't realised it was a separate power transformer. Why do they do this??? Put it in the box and use a kettle plug!!
    For various reasons - it is simpler to design and get through various certifications, etc.

It is a massive pain for the customer though which is who they should really be thinking about.
    edited June 15
    TJT1979 said:
    Solid state or digital by the looks. If you hadn't have mentioned it, I'd have gone on regretting my decision to not buy one whilst wrongly thinking that it was a tube preamp like the Friedman units. Doesn't look like it is!
    Yeah, it's definitely valve-less... I'm just wondering whether it's transitory analogue or digital modelling. 
    According to the manual, it is an analogue pedal amplifier. Most likely a solid state preamp into a Class D power amp, like most other products of this type.

The digital part will be the reverb, IRs and USB.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3350
    What are the differences between the TQ and MM units? 
    I wish the EQ wasn't shared for both channels- it's not the case with the Friedman IR units
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Kebabkid said:
    I wish the EQ wasn't shared for both channels- it's not the case with the Friedman IR units
    The iron heart/Martin miller would be more high gain I'd imagine, based on the rest of the iron heart line up. I think they have picked him so people don't just write it off as a pedal to play chuggachugga riffs ...but that's really what it's for 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3350
    Actually, I've just seen that the TQ is the Lionheart and the MM is the Ironheart and so more of a British flavour for the TQ and more gain for MM
  • FezFez Frets: 546
    Kebabkid said:
    When I got my v1 I thought what would improve it would be reverb, some IR's and separate tone stacks for clean and drive channels, also a clean boost ie in the loop. So the new ones have two of my wishes. Midi might only be channel switching and not very sophisticated but with an HX one in 4 cable configuration could be very powerful.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 180
    Jetfire said:

Extras compared to the loudpedal are reverb, an IR loader and midi. So not too shabby, but I'd be interested in seeing the price on these...

Is this extras compared to the Foundry pedal? 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Rkphilpot said:
    Jetfire said:

Is this extras compared to the Foundry pedal? 
    Yep.

Foundry doesnt have reverb, IR loader or Midi
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 491
    When the Foundry Ironheart came out I thought it would be a good idea to put out a Lionheart version. I'd quite like one as a travel backup rig.

The only thing stopping me is the increase in price - the Foundry one is about £170 new and these ones are £400 new - I assume the increase is price is at least somewhat due to country of manufacture, I can't imagine that the reverb and IRs alone would be responsible for this.

At £170 or £200 I would definitely have got one but i don't know if I can justify my semi-regular travel use for £400