SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bronica S2 6x6 medium format kit

dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5933
So, following on from my thread last week coming out as Lei curious, here’s my ‘need to pay for it’ thread. One toy in means one toy out. 

Bronica started their 6x6 era (or 2 1/4 square as it would have been then) started with the S in 1961 and in 1965, the S2 was released with a number of updates and improvements and ran until 1972. Although the revised S2a was available from 1969. Often said to be a poor man’s hasselblad, it’s actually a superior camera in a lot of ways and the design is much more advanced. No surprise really from a Japanese camera. It’s also far cooler looking than the Blad too. 

I’ve not used this camera for a while, so this week I’ve stripped it all down, cleaned and checked everything over and it all works 100% as it should do. Listed out, the kit is this

Bronica S2 body with waist level finder
Bronica S2 Helical Focus Mount
2 6x6 120/220 film backs
Zenza Bronica ZENZANON 150mm f3.5 (telephoto)
Nikon Nikor PC 75mm f2.8 (Standard)
Nikon NIKOR-O 50mm f2.8 (wide0
Bronica S2 Bellows Attachment for full view camera movement

I’ll also throw in a view camera how to book for anyone who’s not large format proficient. 

If you’re interested in trying out Medium Format film shooting but have never stepped into this world before, we can spend a morning taking it out for a shoot then develop and scan the film so you’ve had the full experience to start you off. It’s very alien to the digital process but there’s nothing particularly complicated about it once you know how. There is nothing like shooting with a ground glass focusing screen, it’s a whole level upwards from a prism viewfinder and the sound of 6x6 camera shutter is like thunder but made from Swiss made clockwork. Throughly addictive!!

Ive taken a few too many pics to put then all in this post, so the full gallery is here 

https://lightfall.zenfolio.com/p268542513

I’ve looked at prices and unsurprisingly, they range from the odd to the frankly ridiculous. I’m going to put this lot up for £550. Postage possible if needed too. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2450
    I’ve always found medium format alluring and would love to try it some time. Maybe when I’m more experienced with digital I’ll think about giving it a go.

Anyway, this seems like a great bundle and a great price. The added offer to take it out for a spin and developing the negatives is a really nice gesture too. GLWTS  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Lovely set up.

FWIW, at least two of the photographers I used to work with on classic car titles back in the day used Bronica cameras like this - absolutely stellar images. I remember when you couldn't buy the body of this amount...

GLWTS
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5933
    Yup, definitely top draw kit in it's day and of course the images are just the same now as they were when it was released. The launch prices in 65 in today values would be about £4k for the body, one back and the 75mm lens. other lenses from around £1.5k and backs for around £500

If there were a few more economical film options around, I'm sure many more people would get into shooting these glorious machines. Apropos of nothing to do with this camera. I have an Agfa Clack, which is a 6x9 Meduim Format version of a Lomo. A cheap Bakelite toy basically with an even cheaper plastic lens that produces brilliantly hipster style masterpieces sort of Polaroid levels of both vibe and IQ. its now worth far less than the roll of 120 you'd put in. Hey ho
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5933
    Roll up, roll, up. :)