Recommend me a Smartphone

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
    My battery doesn't last because I'm addicted to my phone :) but otherwise it's alright. Tbh phones are kind of brilliant these days, I always just get whatever I get a good deal on. Happy shopping! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    I’ve been using iPhone SEs for the last few years. Does exactly what I need at a reasonable size and a lot cheaper than Apple’s other offerings. Great build quality and reliability. 

My employers in the same time period have supplied me with massive Samsung units which are horrible in comparison - too big, android operating system and generally don’t feel quality in hand.

I’m not really an apple devote but I think they’ve nailed phones and you don’t need to go for a flagship model.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • KoaKoa Frets: 122
    Any love for TCL 505? Cheap as chips, an elderly relative is looking for a basic smartphone and has been advised it might be suitable for them.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146

Pixel 7 camera doesn't like to focus very close, but it's fine otherwise. Not sure on pixel 8a. 

True - I generally use 2x zoom and get a bit further away - that works OK.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 410
    Still on my Samsung Galaxy S7 that I've had for years. Been looking at Backmarket for an excellent refurb newer Galaxy model just lately, but only because some banking apps don't work with my current phone. Not really had a problem with it otherwise.
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3174
    I have an Ulephone Armor 8, you’d hate it because it’s big and heavy and tough. Just discovered the latest upgrade has given me AI photo search, doesn’t work great but at least I’ve got bragging rights
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk