Reproducing Covers Faithfully?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7400
    mrkb said:
    Snags said:

Beyond that, everyone will have their quirks. e.g. personally I hate the advertification of songs, where someone takes a high energy rock song and re-imagines it as a hippy lullaby (although exceptions can be made), and i get a nervous twitch at acoustic-only covers of Wicked Game because the whole point of the song is the intro and fills; double-demerit if you mis-place "... with you" and put it too late; triple demerit and a shallow grave if you then also leave off the last line. But that's just me; other people seem to love it.
    Any version of wicked game makes me twitch - brings back the trauma of sitting in the rain waiting for the endless dirge to finish ;)
    We used to do the HIM version, I quite enjoyed it even if it is a little repetitive to play.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 998
    Not a Quo fan, but one band I was in did Rocking All Over the World as straight 12-bar. None of the riffs or that ascending bass thing or the stabby bit.

Purely because they didn't actually learn it and thought they could boogie to the end. I think we only played six gigs in total.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom