SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Gibson SG 1974//Maestro Vibrola//Tarback Pickups

What's Hot
Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 239
edited June 22 in Guitars £
Thinking about moving on my old SG, would prefer to part X it against a 70s 335/345/355 as I like the skinnier nut width. Would also part X against a Novo Serus/Miris.

The SG standard came with an ebony fretboard option in 73/74 and then this one also had the maestro Vibrola added in the 70s so it has aged appropriately with the guitar. 

Has had an incredible refret and is setup to perfection - straight neck, low action. Vibrola works perfectly. Has had a headstock break a long time ago which was repaired properly. My tech said it is stronger now than it would have been before (he didn't do the repair).

Looking for £2195 but open to offers/trades

Collection from Tunbridge Wells, Kent although I drive around a lot for gigs so get in contact if you're interested but live further afield 

Gig video -
 https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cya4ysBIDfn/?igsh=bzZiYXRyNHRydjgw

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2590
    That is very cool ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 239
    @lovestrat74 ; thank you! SG's look 100x better with a maestro vibrola IMO. It also works incredibly well and is very responsive  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Novo trade option added 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SunhillowSunhillow Frets: 2
    Olly, Max here. Why is it that every time I see a guitar here which sounds amazing - I open the thread and it's yours!!  =)
    @Sunhillow hi Max! I like to think I have good taste in guitars - I'm glad someone else agrees!  =) this one is really special and I didn't think I'd ever sell it but I love learning about different guitars by owning them and playing them out every week. Sadly I can't afford to do it without moving some on