Danelectro fingerboard / neck ridge. help

Picked up this korean Danelectro covertibel recently , all looks good apart from a couple things.

The first the previous owner carved a couple  " designs " in the top which I am not too sure how to hide apart from stickers and the other to do with the fingerboard.

From around the 2nd fret to the 7th on both side there is a slight ridge where the fingerboard meets the neck , past the 7th it is smooth  . I  am guessin  that the finish has slightly worn away but not 100% , any ideas if it is something to worry about ?

https://ibb.co/dQtyKVG
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14760
    The step between neck and fingerboard could be evidence of:
    1) Differential shrinkage.
    2) Sloppy manufacture.

Once upon a time, neck and fingerboard blanks were glued together prior to CNC shaping. Tidy but wasteful of materials.

Sometimes, fingerboard blanks are cut to exact size before being offered up to a neck. e.g. Indian law requires a proportion of the work producing rosewood fingerboards to be performed in India, by an Indian workforce. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    *slight correction there @Funkfingers - most ‘Indian’ rosewood isn’t actually from India, but from Indonesia. But yes, a similar practice applies there and I think is regulated. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14760
    edited June 20
    most ‘Indian’ rosewood isn’t actually from India but from Indonesia. 
    Insert your own "Brasilian" jokes here. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.