Pedal board amp choice. Help!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2492
    Guys using pedalboard amps, are you just running a very long speaker cable to your cabinet from your pedalboard? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    @ICBM thanks for that, I really appreciate it. I’m a bit black white and when I see stuff like that.  The cab is 8 ohms for reference. 
    At the volumes you’ll be playing at, that will be safe with any solid state or valve amp up to at least 100W, with any impedance from 4 to 16 ohms - ie no need to even think about that as a factor in the decision.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 724
    edited June 19
    Nerine said:
    Guys using pedalboard amps, are you just running a very long speaker cable to your cabinet from your pedalboard? 
    2 metres at home, 5 metres out.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 909
    I’d vote blu guitar if you want everything & loads of flexibly.

Or I’d say victory amp pedal, but the Jack instead of Copper. Fender clean channel with a totally usable Marshall heavy drive Chanel (barely use my JCM 800 now as this thing is so much handier).
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4992
    Nerine said:
    That’s how I did it when I owned an Amp1. 
  • AmyTwonotesAmyTwonotes Frets: 16
    Dear All,

After shifting nearly all my gear and streamlining everything down to just one guitar I am now on a quest for an amp.  My thoughts about going down the pedalboard route is a) headphone outs seem to be common and having a little one and time during the daylight hours limited, this has become pretty necessary b) cost. I’ve got a
    Nice Zilla cab and don’t want to see it go to waste, so either a pre amp in to power amp option or an all on one like a Blackstar Amped for example c) sounds good

My search has sprung up a few contenders, but some have very mixed reviews.  The Two Notes Revolt seems a nice, use friendly choice but the reviews are wild each way.  The Strymon Iridium also ticks a lot of boxes.  

However, I’m sure I’m missing something very obvious and very good! Or should I give up on this idea and just get Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb?  Budget around £600 but ideally less.  All suggestions and help gratefully received.  I’ll also mention I don’t play live anymore so no need for super high power, but would like headroom so I can make use of a few pedals. 

Thanks! 
    Hi @floeighty2 ;

Amy from Two notes here! If you have any questions on ReVolt, please let me know!
  • floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 182
    Boss IR2.

A game changer.
    Can I ask how you’re running it? Do you ever use it through a cab? Another one to scope out a little more! 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4992
    Boss IR2.

A game changer.
    Can I ask how you’re running it? Do you ever use it through a cab? Another one to scope out a little more! 
    I gigged an IR-2 a couple of times in a 2 month period of ownership and it was absolutely fine out front and through a Laney LFR-112 FRFR cab. I bought some 3rd party IRs from York Audio and they improved things a bit, too.

If I hadn't tried a Tonex I think I would have been happy enough. It doesn't take boost pedals as well as the Tonex, but most people should be pretty happy with it after doing some twiddling to get it right for them. 

For context - I like clean and edge-of-breakup tones, so I liked the Natural, Twin and Diamond (AC30) amps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom