Backdrops and banners

MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
edited June 19 in Live
I’m in a new band aiming to do larger functions and we’re wanting to get some banners / a backdrop to look a bit more pro.

Now, we don’t want anything too big, heavy and cumbersome so are there any solutions you guys can recommend?

My other function band has a huge backdrop which looks great, but it’s a massive pain in the arse in reality… it’s a full-on scaffolding and heavy black drape affair that takes ages to put up and is bulky/heavy/inconvenient. There must be better options.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1735
    get two pull-ups £70-80 each approx.. job done
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
    get two pull-ups £70-80 each approx.. job done
    We are considering that as an option, but if there's some other alternative someone knows of I'm all ears!
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
    We have one pull up thingy but half the time I forget to bring it
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16420
    We had a big banner but wasn't particularly practical playing pubs and even got told it was a fire hazard. I think eventually it became an objet d'art in our sax player's garage. 
    The pull up thingies do look like you are trying to sell life insurance but otherwise more practical. 
    Thomann used to do a massive range of black backdrop stuff but I haven't looked for ages. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 586
    Get a laptop projector. They can be adjusted to project a true image from a wide range of quite extensive angles.  Then you can have whatever you like as a backdrop
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10591
    This is our latest one, LED lit controlled by wifi and works on sound to light  ..designed by the bass player :)

More traditional BD ... just use plastic grips to whatevers there 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10018
    There's a guy on Facebook in various music groups called Ross Quarters who does brilliant banners, I think he can help design them for you as well. Cheaper than the generic pull up things but then you will need something to hang it on I suppose
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7395
    Danny1969 said:
    This is our latest one, LED lit controlled by wifi and works on sound to light  ..designed by the bass player :)

I like the way you've gone...nahh mate that's not a stage that's a drum riser. We should follow your example and not end up standing on top of each other on tiny stages!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    We just use a long black scrim to drape over the back and cover cases, rubbish and even amps. It makes most stages look tidy and professional in the lighting system.