Blue Monday played on Vintage consumer grade Casios (keyboards ,drum pads DG10 etc) wonderful

What's Hot

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3739
    Amazing.. no cables either ;)

I loved my SK-1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19399
    Great stuff. I didn't realise that @HarrySeven  actually used some of the horde to make demos  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4307
    It’s lovely to see all those wonderful machines from my teens a lot of them were items of desire 
      Which we got to only play in Dixon’s  I did have a little tiny  Casio though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 558
    It’s lovely to see all those wonderful machines from my teens a lot of them were items of desire 
      Which we got to only play in Dixon’s  I did have a little tiny  Casio though 
    Yeh, hat takes me back.  I think Casio must have released a new keyboard every week in the mid 80's.  
  • JEMJEM Frets: 147
    I still have a Casio VL-Tone VL-1 (the tiny one in the video with little square buttons instead of keys). 

The Rock-1 rhythm was famously used on Da-Da-Da by Trio in 1982

What's really neat is that it has a little programmable synth that allows you make your own voices.
  • Funny enough i was watching Blue monday being played on a Stylophone on the Dubreq website today along with a really good version of Cars by Gary Numan.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1103
    I've got that tiny white casio keyboard. Definitely used it on at least one recording,  if i remember rightly played through a Korg Kaoss pad to make some background noise. Kind of cheap sounding but it has character.  
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    That's fantastic. I recognise some of those Keyboards from being a kid in the early 80's. I'll have to have another look to see just how many different ones there are. That DG-20 Guitar, I hadn't heard of before, or the digital Sax.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.