NGD x 2

What's Hot
PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
edited June 20 in Guitar
New guitar day x 2 - well, I’ve had the Ibanez for about a week, and the Clapton Strat turned up today so I thought I’d do a single post about them at the same time.

Traded in a couple of guitars for the Clapton Strat - I’ve wanted one since I first picked up a guitar, but for some reason or other I never ended up buying one, but here it is! It’s a 2012, in really good condition, only thing slightly wrong was the previous owner had (for some unfathomable reason) put a 3 ply 11 hole perloid pick guard and back plate on it, so it has a couple of extra holes (weight relief? lol) and two screws go in at a bit of an angle, but I’ll get that sorted in time - I just finished putting an original white back plate and pick guard back on. Plenty of life left on the frets, and looks and sounds like a Clapton Strat should. 

Ibanez AZ2204n in Prussian Blue - what an instrument! Bit of a drunken Reverb punt, but it all worked out well! Having owned a Suhr Classic S HSS before (that I always regret selling), I’ve tried many different HSS guitars since but never found one that really spoke to me, but this thing is something else! It plays so well, sounds incredible, and I think it looks amazing. 

Overall, I’m so happy and I genuinely can’t see these two going anywhere any time soon.

Terrible pics: 

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 546
    Nice
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12514
    Both very nice, but I like that Ibanez in particular.

HNGsD!
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3410
    Offset said:
    Both very nice, but I like that Ibanez in particular.

HNGsD!
    Thanks, yeah the Ibanez is really very good - so many tones available, lovely comfy neck, decent weight as well
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4768
    I thought the pearloid pickguard looked rather stylish in the ad....
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • onyironyir Frets: 48
    I recently got an Ibanez AZ2204n like yours, but black. I think it is a lot of guitar for the money. The specs are great, and the guitar (at least mine) is very resonant and sounds great. The extra switching does add some versatility, and now I find myself using it almost exclusively with my covers band
    onyir said:
    I recently got an Ibanez AZ2204n like yours, but black. I think it is a lot of guitar for the money. The specs are great, and the guitar (at least mine) is very resonant and sounds great. The extra switching does add some versatility, and now I find myself using it almost exclusively with my covers band
    Exactly this - I'm starting a function band, and it'll be able to do anything. It really is a lot of guitar for the money.
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 187
    onyir said:

What are the extra switches?
    onyir said:

It's called the Dyna switch - gives an extra 4 pickup positions, so the traditional position 5 becomes the neck and middle pickups in series, the 4 position is neck and the outer single coil of the bridge humbucker (almost Tele like), position 3 is all pickups on with neck and middle in series, position 4 is just the inner coil of the humbucker.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • onyironyir Frets: 48
    PC_Dave said:
    onyir said:

It's called the Dyna switch - gives an extra 4 pickup positions, so the traditional position 5 becomes the neck and middle pickups in series, the 4 position is neck and the outer single coil of the bridge humbucker (almost Tele like), position 3 is all pickups on with neck and middle in series, position 4 is just the inner coil of the humbucker.
    Yes, that's right. You can think of having the neck and middle pickups in series as a sort of humbucker. So position 5 would be "neck humbucker", position 3 would be "neck" & bridge humbuckers. It doesn't exactly sound like a humbucker, though. It has a bit more treble to my ear, but it works in a band context
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom