You are told you have 7 days before you die…what are you going to do?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16477
    Sporky said:
    I probably wouldn't turn up for work. I've got a fair bit of Lego to get through. 
    so, are you saying you wouldn't be able to lego of the past?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2805
    I’d spend the 7 days making a Spotify playlist that wouldn’t get played.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 582
    Maybe take the HiWatt out to a crowded public place, stick a few boosts into the chain, turn the fscker right up and take a few innocent bystanders with me.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3937
    Bit of a depressing thread.
    Depends how you look at it, personally it makes me think of the most beautiful things in my life and just how precious they are.
    This. 

I’d find time to play and listen to music I love. Spend time with those I care about. Get high. Get drunk. Watch Louis CK, Joey Diaz and Doug Stanhope.

Great reminder to enjoy today. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    The wife says "If you knew how and when you were going to die, would you want to know"
    I said "No"
    She said "forget it then!"

Credit to Steven Wright 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    I’d spend 7 days relentlessly A/B very similar sounding overdrive pedals and get finally down the definitive best. How else would one rest in peace.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    dindude said:
    I’d spend 7 days relentlessly A/B very similar sounding overdrive pedals and get finally down the definitive best. How else would one rest in peace.
    Wise man. Because if you live to test pedals each year the results keep changing.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30225
    VimFuego said:
    Sporky said:
    I probably wouldn't turn up for work. I've got a fair bit of Lego to get through. 
    so, are you saying you wouldn't be able to lego of the past?
    I'm glad I'm not into Meccano at times like this. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13745
    Probably take the week off work.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6951

After doing the list of chores and odd-jobs around the house that Mrs nRollDave has had stuck to the fridge for years, I’d probably have time for a cuppa and a quick play of my guitar.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3102
    edited June 23
    Spend lots of time with my boys…. Find a decent football match to go to with the youngest and a good metal gig to attend with the eldest.  
    Start smoking again and try some heroin and crack cocaine to see what all the fuss is about.  
    Have a few fry ups and curries…. 
    Actually max out my Marshall, which has never gone past 3 on the master volume. 
    Have some quality time with my partner.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Spend 7 days with my kids, making memories.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 582
    robgilmo said:
     Which presumably is why we have kids in the first place. 

Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1418
    RobDavies said:
    Spend lots of time with my boys…. Find a decent football match to go to with the youngest and a good metal gig to attend with the eldest.  
    Start smoking again and try some heroin and crack cocaine to see what all the fuss is about.  
    Have a few fry ups and curries…. 
    Actually max out my Marshall, which has never gone past 3 on the master volume. 
    Have some quality time with my partner.
    OK, so this Marshall issue needs to be dealt with immediately!   :)
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    DavidR said:
    “Doctor, Doctor I only have 4 minutes to live!  What can you do for me?”

”How about a boiled egg.”

:-)
    Dr: I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news. The tests show you have a terminal illness.

Patient: oh god. How long have I got left?

Dr: Ten…..

Patient: Years? Months? Days? 

Dr : Nine…..
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    snowblind said:
    robgilmo said:
     Which presumably is why we have kids in the first place. 

It depends, family courts in my experience dont see fathers as parents.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    First step turn the phone off, then carry on doing the things I normally do but without interruptions. You have to live your life in the moment as much as you can really because nobody knows what's coming. I mean yeah we all got bills to pay and responsibilities but take as much time as you can for yourself. 

If you really think about it, in these uncertain times where a demented warmonger holds the codes to the largest stock of thermal nuclear missiles in the world we might all only have 7 days left all the time. It's just in this day and age, after so long without major conflict it seems unthinkable but in reality there's only 2 outcomes I can see

Putin realizes the west will keep funding Ukraine and supplying advanced arms. So he withdraws and gives up. 

Putin shows aggression to the west because they are funding and supplying advanced arms to Ukraine and all hell breaks loose. 

But to answer the question a cruise in the Caribbean would be nice for the last 7 days drinking beer on deck and listening to the complete works of Beatles, Zep, Floyd / Roger, Radiohead, KOL, Van Halen (DLR period only ... harsh I know but I've got 7 days) Johnny Cash, Kate Bush and some new stuff I haven't heard yet.  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4858
    Sex and drugs immediately comes to mind. And then I think that at my age. Sex would take up max 1 hour a day and I'd need a long nap afterwards. Given how bad hangovers are what the hell would they be like after drugs? Which would mean even more time in bed. I'd waste my final 7 days sleeping.
    I think a nice trip down to Dartmoor with the Mrs and the dogs (and the kids should they feel so inclined).
    Rent a nice cottage, buy some astro photography gear, spend the nights stargazing, days walking the dogs, cooking some good food, maybe some really nice wine.
    Acoustic guitar around a campfire, sing my heart out.