Laptop Backpack Recommendations

What's Hot
GulliverGulliver Frets: 852
I'm in need of a new laptop backpack - I am looking for recommendations. Current Laptop is a 13" Macbook Air - that may become a 14" or 16" Macbook Pro in the future, so would need to accommodate those.  A tablet pocket would be nice, but it needs to be the same size as the laptop pouch (large iPad Pro)

- It will get used on flights, so underseatableness would be ideal (able to slot onto suitcase handles would be better still)
- Having somewhere to hide an Airtag inside would be a bonus.
- Available to buy soon is essential (therefore no LTT backpack)
- Price is not really an issue if it's something good.
- Black is the only colour I'd want
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    edited June 21
    Peak Design make *great* bags. I have the 30L Everyday Backpack and it's genuinely phenomenal, particular for travel. 

Loads of pockets inside and out, plus moveable horizontal dividers, which are a genuine gamechanger  

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3757
    edited June 21
    I have a couple of Lowepro camera bags with a big slot for a 17” laptop I use very regularly.  The big camera section has removable dividers and can hold a stack of folded clothes and three other big pockets hold everything else.  I will almost always have a 17” laptop and one or two iPads in it.

Perfect travel backpack and have done many long international work trips with that as my only flight luggage.  They have quite a few variants today.

https://www.lowepro.com/uk-en/camera-bags/camera-backpacks/?vis_lowepro_fits_equipment=2519

Victorinox have some good ones too.
    https://www.victorinox.com/en-GB/Business-and-Laptop-Backpacks/cms/trg-backpacks-business-laptop/

• SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    edited June 21
    I'm not a big backpack fan, but I would start at Crumpler and Tenba. Probably Tenba. Lots of compartments. 

https://uk.tenba.com/tenba-roadie-backpack-20-black/
    https://uk.tenba.com/tenba-dna-16-dslr-backpack-blue/
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4777

The Matein ones on Amazon are brilliant.  I’ve used mine everyday for quite a few years, office, flights etc and it’s holding up really well.  

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5606
    Dakine do laptop backpacks. I use mine nearly every day and it's still going strong 10 years on
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1348
    edited June 21
    You see them literally everywhere now so decidedly a run of the mill trendy product, but I have had a Fjallraven Kanken laptop bag (in a more discrete colour and branding than the usual) for 4 years and it has had a LOT of hammer.  It genuinely looks as good as new, ignoring a few coffee stains and one little fraying edge of a padded strap, presumably where I'm swinging or dragging it in and out the car.  Quality wise it's fantastic, but features wise it's pretty basic.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    I've got a few different bags. This one is great for travelling with and has loads of storage, I use it with a 16" MBP....

a bit cheeaper in warehouse if you have a card, otherwise you can join online for free to buy online only.

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3264
    It's not cheap, and it might be bigger than you are looking for, we really like and rate the Gomatic Travel Pack.  I really suggest that you watch a few YouTube reviews on it, it really is worth the cost.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4255
    edited June 22
    Serious question: Is it actually possible for any of these companies to make an expensive backpack that actually looks half-decent? 

*edit* I take it back, one of those tenba's almost looks acceptable
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
    edited June 22
    I have two STM bags, on easily accommodates a cased iPad Pro and large laptop in a separate compartment. They are also very light which means you can carry more stuff if needed on flights 

https://www.stmgoods.com/bags/
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3907
    I bought a Nordace as a result of the facebook marketing and I’m very pleased with it. Before I bought I was sitting next to someone on the train who was happy to let me look at theirs. But it does the job; laptop section hols a MacBook and iPad both in sleeves and plenty of space for the tangle of cables etc. that I need to carry around. Nice comfortable straps as well.