What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12122
    How hot was your boiler set to before?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2603
    strtdv said:
    Cartridges are pretty cheap and depending on your system turning off the supply to the shower can be a pain, personally I'd replace the cartridge when I've gone to the trouble of getting it out rather than cleaning it and hoping it solves the problem for an unknown length of time 
    Probably right but the shower is not even a year old
    How hot was your boiler set to before?
    50 degrees I think
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    Should be fairly easy to cut the silicone bead away, use a Stanley blade or craft knife and run it around the edge of the plate. You’ll need to remove the original stuff and reseal if afterwards of course. As I said in an earlier post, once you get the cartridge out you’ll probably see the two pipe inlets at the back of the fitting. They should have filters inside, like little plastic baskets. Fish those out and clean them as they often clog up with scale or bits of debris from the tank or pipework. 
    boogieman said:
    Should be fairly easy to cut the silicone bead away, use a Stanley blade or craft knife and run it around the edge of the plate. You’ll need to remove the original stuff and reseal if afterwards of course. As I said in an earlier post, once you get the cartridge out you’ll probably see the two pipe inlets at the back of the fitting. They should have filters inside, like little plastic baskets. Fish those out and clean them as they often clog up with scale or bits of debris from the tank or pipework. 
    :+1: