anyone using elixir optiweb? breaking strings?

John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
I started using elixir optiweb this year and I'm regularly breaking strings - nearly always the 2nd or 3rd but I'm sure a 4th as well.   This has happened on 4 different guitars in two bands, and I've problably broken more strings this year than over the last 20 years combined.   
I'll probably just go back to d'addario's but wondered if anyone else had any issues? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 297
    I’ve been using Elixir Nanoweb (10-46) for around 20 years and never broken a string.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    CarpeDiem said:
    I’ve been using Elixir Nanoweb (10-46) for around 20 years and never broken a string.

Years ago I tried nanoweb's and didn't have any problems, I just preferred the feel of d'addario's,  the newer optiwebs feel more like regular strings imo but maybe I've just been unlucky with the breakages. 
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 297
    @John_P I’m surprised at the level of breakages you have sustained. I’m wondering if you’ve been sold fakes instead of genuine Elixir strings.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2406
    using Elixrs. No breakages.
  • John_P said:
    CarpeDiem said:

Years ago I tried nanoweb's and didn't have any problems, I just preferred the feel of d'addario's,  the newer optiwebs feel more like regular strings imo but maybe I've just been unlucky with the breakages. 
    Did you buy them from a reputable dealer John? There are fakes all over Ebay.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24891
    I like Optiwebs - never had one break.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    I've been splitting between opti and nano for years and no issues. I think I've broken one string in the last decade.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2394
    I use Optiwebs on all my electrics and have never had one break. Then again I haven’t broken a string while playing in over 40 years.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2649
    Long time Elixir user, nanoweb then optiweb.  I've broken one string in 10 years plus, and it was old.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 505
    Never broken a nano or optiweb in 5 years