SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb Les Paul custom 70s-80s

What's Hot
19831983 Frets: 21
Hey all!

So after years of lusting after an old Custom, I’ve decided it’s finally time to get one. During a recent work trip to Stockholm I played a dreamy 74 in a great shop called Hellstone - fell in love but sadly I didn’t have time to go back and get it before closing time. Unfortunately, they won’t ship it… so my search must continue!

So, before í dive in the scary depths of reverb I thought I’d check if anyone has one for sale here first! 

It’s my favourite model so I’m open to different years and variations, but I’m hoping for ideally one of these:

54 reissue LE from the early 70s with the P90/staple configuration. 

71-74ish black custom, abr1/t-tops configuration. 

and a wildcard of a late 70s/early 80s silverburst. 

Player grade is more than welcome here, it’s gonna get played! A beat up Les Paul is a thing of beauty to me, so wear, neck breaks or repairs are totally cool. 

Weight is fairly important, as I’d like to be able to play this standing up, so the lighter the better (I know it’s a big ask for a 70s custom - but you never know!)

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TDubsTDubs Frets: 720
    There’s been a ‘72-73 ‘54 reissue knocking around on eBay for a bit recently. Zero affiliation.
    I thought it was quite big money but there was another on reverb recently listed at £12k and it disappeared quite quickly.so must have sold off reverb.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Norlin4lifeNorlin4life Frets: 330
    A friend has a 1980 ebony Custom he wants to move on. All original. Shoot me a PM if that’s up your street 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2213
    Here's one for you

https://www.facebook.com/groups/guitarexchange/permalink/7847213332024899/

Its cherry sunburst and has a mod or two, but not a bad price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 296
    I live in Stockholm and will help you. PM me. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 865
    edited June 23
    Andy Baxter has a 73, Richtone a 74 and in Bloom guitars had the staple pickup one recently laughable money but looks like it’s sold so maybe I was wrong!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have a 1970 triple pickup (not from factory), which also had a retrofitted Bigsby that I’ve had removed (no holes as was the proper conversion  kit). It’s heavy, but not out of line for the era or exceptionally so. Proper black beauty look with the gold hardware. I just need to thin the herd a bit. Plays amazingly and really sounds huge. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom