Sting concert (Thetford Forest)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mokosukemokosuke Frets: 12

Kebabkid said:
    Gassage said:
    Cos- he doesn't use an EM- Boss CE3 or an ADA Flanger!
    Cheers and I've been looking to see if there was an update on his stuff from this but probably not but I liked that sound:-

Radial Interface [probably being used as a buffer for long cable runs], BOSS CS-2 Compressor, Ibanez Tube Screamer, A/DA Flanger, BOSS PH-3 Phase Shifter, BOSS TR-2 Tremolo, BOSS CE-3 Chorus, BOSS DD-6 Delay, Line 6 M5, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr [With BOSS TU-2 in tuner out], Radial Big Shot PB1 Booster.

Funny, as I don't remember the CE-3 getting a lot of love back in the day but I have to say, it was very present but in a very subtle way and I liked it. As to the ADA, that was always a good Flanger and his whole sound was compressed to f**k and he could really whack the strings. Thank you
    Unfortunately, this is not his now. I plan to write more about this as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3373
    welcome @mokosuke and that's great news and I look forward to learning more about DM and the equipment he used and now uses.

All the best
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Kebabkid said:
    Is Miller still playing his white Tele? He played that one guitar basically the whole set when I saw them. I'm not sure he even touched the tuning all night

That gig for me was a big chunk of inspiration behind my own white Tele build last year :) 
    No. He stayed all night on what I believe is his battered 62 Strat
    Ah interesting. Maybe he didn't want to bring the fancy old strat to the desert!  :D 

Or maybe he's just a gear slut like the rest of us..
    And by 'white Tele' you mean a Butterscotch Blonde Tele, right? 
    Actually, there is a surprising reason why Dom chooses his guitar. 
    Simply put, because that Tele is his main guitar, along with the '61 Strat. 

>Or maybe he's just a gear slut like the rest of us..
    No, Dom is not a gear geek at all and he isn't too be particular about equipment.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19795
    Yeah, as a thoroughly-average technical drummer myself, Copeland isn't a metronomic machine type of drummer, and he's not got the sort of technical chops of your modern instagram guys and whatever, but he's one of the most expressive guys out there, and the pushes and pulls in tempo he does are phenomenally musical. That's far better than being technical right imo
    Don't forget, he is mild mannered Klark Kent too, so he has an advantage  ;)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    mokosuke said:

Kebabkid said:
    Is Miller still playing his white Tele? He played that one guitar basically the whole set when I saw them. I'm not sure he even touched the tuning all night

That gig for me was a big chunk of inspiration behind my own white Tele build last year :) 
    No. He stayed all night on what I believe is his battered 62 Strat
    Ah interesting. Maybe he didn't want to bring the fancy old strat to the desert!  :D 

Or maybe he's just a gear slut like the rest of us..
    And by 'white Tele' you mean a Butterscotch Blonde Tele, right? 
    Actually, there is a surprising reason why Dom chooses his guitar. 
    Simply put, because that Tele is his main guitar, along with the '61 Strat. 

>Or maybe he's just a gear slut like the rest of us..
    No, Dom is not a gear geek at all and he isn't too be particular about equipment.
    Yeah, I guess it's blonde assuming it's this one, which looks like a pic from last year's tour. Looked like faded white blonde from where I was sitting :D 

Great sounding guitar either way!

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

Yeah, I guess it's blonde assuming it's this one, which looks like a pic from last year's tour. Looked like faded white blonde from where I was sitting :D 

Great sounding guitar either way!

In fact, Dominic has been using a different and very similar guitar to this '68 Telecaster at times recently. Perhaps only someone quite close to the stage might be able to recognise it. But if your memory is a little lighter in colour than the guitar in this picture, then it is most likely that other guitar.
    In any case, in a few more days I will publish an article on my Dominic fan site about the various guitars he uses.
    I hope you'll wait a bit longer.
    edited July 10
    @Kebabkid , @stickyfiddle

Thank you for your patience.
    I have posted several articles about his electric guitars on my Dominic's fan page.
    Over the next few issues I will be posting articles about the equipment Dominic uses for his Sting gigs.
    Today I've posted two new articles and updates on the typical electric guitars Dominic uses.

【New articles.】

1): 1968 Fender Tele and How to divide the rigs he uses.

https://dominicmillerjapanfan.com/68-fender-telecaster/

2): Other popular electric guitars (other than 1961 Strat and '68 Tele)

https://dominicmillerjapanfan.com/other-electric-guitars/

【Updated】

3): Additional information on the 1961 Fender Strat

https://dominicmillerjapanfan.com/1961_fender_stratocaster/

You can also read it in English by switching the [Japanese/English] tab in the article.

If you are a fan of Dominic's guitars, please read it❗️

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fernandes in Japan went bankrupt. This guitar brand will cease to exist.
    I don't know how much this news is being talked about in the UK and Europe, but at least of course it is shocking news in Japan.

As I mentioned in the thread on this site about Fernandes going bankrupt, Dominic has used many Fernandes and P-Project guitars from the Soul Cage to Mercury Falling days.

Dominic had an endorsement deal with Fernandes in the mid-1990s.
    T-8 Strat models with Grateful Dead stickers and P-Project AN-1 in particular was his signature guitar. 
    Dom has used this guitar on Sting's “Ten Summoner's Tales”, his own solo album “First Touch” and many other albums. 
    Dom must be very disappointed about this. He still has the guitar from those days, which he properly cherishes.

I wrote this article the other day, but rewrote it a bit about Fernandes. I will write another article about the P-Project A1-N that Dom used to record the original 'Shape of My Heart' at a later date.