Susan Tedeschi signature Telecaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1558
    edited June 25
    It would look better to me if the headstock matched the body colour.

And... as others have said locking tuners please (and stainless steel frets... ).
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 262
    Who is the person it's named after?
    Successful americana singer and guitarist under her own name, these days plays with the Tedeschi Trucks Band and a few other things.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2572
    edited June 25
    CaseOfAce said:

And... as others have said locking tuners please (and stainless steel frets... ).
    Surely Fender would only include all these user enhancements requested since the release announcement if the endorsing artist wanted them?

I can't see Susan Tedeschi having much need for stainless steel frets, or her fretboard histrionics on a hardtail bridge guitar warranting locking tuners.

I'd be tempted to bypass this model and head straight for an American Ultra Luxe Tele, which already has most of the features the Tedeschi signature is lacking.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Who is the person it's named after?
    Susan Tedeschi. Had a solo career plus an handful of albums (she has been compared to Bonnie Raitt but not really sure why as she’s actually very different). Now married to Derek Trucks and is singer and guitarist with the pretty excellent Tedeschi Trucks Band.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Susan T is a G. Lovely looking tele that. 
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1558
    StefB said:
    CaseOfAce said:

Surely Fender would only include all these user enhancements requested since the release announcement if the endorsing artist wanted them?

I can't see Susan Tedeschi having much need for stainless steel frets, or her fretboard histrionics on a hardtail bridge guitar warranting locking tuners.
    Correct.It's her signature model - and hence to her spec - but it's not my preference.!
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    blueskunk said:
    Susan T is a G. Lovely looking tele that. 
    A gangster? 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Seriously tho, they're gonna sell about 5 of these. What is the point? 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Loobs said:
    The end of something sharp.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2554
    It is interesting that we're starting to get artist sigs that are basically versions of regular, relatively recent out-of-production guitars. I think if it were a features thing, most people would just grab a used 90s Tele for half the price. Maybe have to pay a premium if they really want the colour. 
    So besides Tedeschi fans, is the audience for this those who think "I wish they'd do a Caribbean Mist Tele again"?
    Tim
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Loobs said:
    Cos she’s G 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    timmypix said:
    It is interesting that we're starting to get artist sigs that are basically versions of regular, relatively recent out-of-production guitars. I think if it were a features thing, most people would just grab a used 90s Tele for half the price. Maybe have to pay a premium if they really want the colour. 
    So besides Tedeschi fans, is the audience for this those who think "I wish they'd do a Caribbean Mist Tele again"?
    I think you’re right. I think it looks great, and I certainly could be tempted. However that’s only because of how it looks. The Susan Tedeschi signature really wouldn’t be a factor. I’d certainly expect the ‘Tedeschi custom’ pickups to be an improvement over those fitted to US Standards from that era.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it