Messages that made you chuckle

What's Hot
PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
Although a bit of a Luddite, there are certain times I just love the modern world. The fact we have mobile phones and able to screen shot and immortalise certain moments in time.

Mums birthday coming up and I've just had this chat with my sister in law...

A while back I saved this one from my partner...

This kinda stupidity makes me laugh, the first message this morning had me in tears of laughter...maybe I need  to get out more? 
Do you have any messages you've saved? 

‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29220
    I didn't save it, but I once got a message from someone in my team about how much they missed me and wanted to cuddle and smooch me.

I replied that such thoughts were better applied to their spouse.

I still don't know whether they sent it to me in error or not, but they avoided me for a while.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
    Sporky said:
    I didn't save it, but I once got a message from someone in my team about how much they missed me and wanted to cuddle and smooch me.

I replied that such thoughts were better applied to their spouse.

I still don't know whether they sent it to me in error or not, but they avoided me for a while.
    An opportunity missed possibly  =)?
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1003
    I remember Joe Wilkinson on 8 out of 10 cats doing a skit about texts being sent to someone in error.

He said, I sent a text to my mum this morning that said, miss you more than you could  know, can’t wait to kiss and cuddle you again. (Pause) imagine if I’d sent that to the wrong person.

spat my metaphorical coffee out as did everyone else on the show.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2285
    Mrs S has the same forename as another family member. Hilarity ensued.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4272
    This message from my mum a couple of years ago absolutely cracked me up; I have a screenshot saved in my favourites :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

IMG_7801.jpeg 164.7K
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 1050
    This message from my mum a couple of years ago absolutely cracked me up; I have a screenshot saved in my favourites :)

That’s hilarious, great sense of humour  =)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12537
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but an old workmate was having a steamy affair with his best mate’s wife. They were always texting each other before he’d go round to hers for a bit of nookie. This was in the days of the old Nokia mobiles, where you had to multi-press the keys to get the right letters. 

He’d sent her one message but got a reply that said what the hell was he on about? He’d meant to send “I can’t wait to lick your pussy” but it’d gone through as “I can’t wait to kick your puppy”. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1121
    A former colleague of mine sent an email to an important contact asking them for a favour. Started off the email:

'Dear x,
    I know you are really busty, but I just wanted to get in touch about....'

She was mortified.  

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10060
    In my last job I once emailed my client to tell him I was getting the roller shutter serviced at a vacant unit, but unfortunately in my haste to send the email I said:

"Good morning, just to let you know I've arranged for your shitter to be serviced in Unit 2 tomorrow morning"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4272
    boogieman said:
    I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before but an old workmate was having a steamy affair with his best mate’s wife. They were always texting each other before he’d go round to hers for a bit of nookie. This was in the days of the old Nokia mobiles, where you had to multi-press the keys to get the right letters. 

He’d sent her one message but got a reply that said what the hell was he on about? He’d meant to send “I can’t wait to lick your pussy” but it’d gone through as “I can’t wait to kick your puppy”. 

I read a story many years ago about someone organising a drink after work at the local boozer, "The Old Coal Hole", or "The Old Coal" as most people referred to it.

In T9 predictive text, "coal" is 2-6-2-5. So are many other words, and in his haste he sent a group message which said something along the lines of "Who fancies a bit of the old anal tonight?" :lol:

Apparently he got a reply from one of his female colleagues asking if he was serious, which prompted him to check the message and send out a correction :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom