Is this possible on a HX Stomp?

So I have a few things set up on an Expression pedal so that when heel is down things are clean and there's some delay and modulation and when toe is down the mod is out, the reverb is lower and gain is high. What I'd love is to be able to have an OD kick in just for the last 30% or so of the the pedal's travel, but also for it to blend in across that travel rather than just kicking in at full tilt when the pedal goes past 70% (I know how to do that using pedal position for bypass).

So I guess the question is whether there is a way to blend something in from 0-100% on the last 30% of the pedal's travel.

I suspect not, but thought I'd check!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    Lewy said:
    So I have a few things set up on an Expression pedal so that when heel is down things are clean and there's some delay and modulation and when toe is down the mod is out, the reverb is lower and gain is high. What I'd love is to be able to have an OD kick in just for the last 30% or so of the the pedal's travel, but also for it to blend in across that travel rather than just kicking in at full tilt when the pedal goes past 70% (I know how to do that using pedal position for bypass).

So I guess the question is whether there is a way to blend something in from 0-100% on the last 30% of the pedal's travel.

I suspect not, but thought I'd check!
    The HXOne definitely has adjustable curves for the flux function, so it might be possible. I haven’t used an expression pedal with the Stomp so not certain on that though 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
     Maybe with a Midi expression pedal?
    like the Source Audio Reflex, if you can find one.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    I'm pretty sure it is possible. I had a spring return wah set so if was off if the travel was <5%. 

you would need to set the "bypass" of the OD pedal to be off <70% , on >70%. 
    Think I did it using the learn controller function, then setting the level. 

not sure if you'd then be able to go from 0-100% on the pedal gain (for example). Think you'd need to compromise on the start and end point of the OD blend
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4507
    sgosden said:
    I'm pretty sure it is possible. I had a spring return wah set so if was off if the travel was <5%. 

you would need to set the "bypass" of the OD pedal to be off <70% , on >70%. 
    Think I did it using the learn controller function, then setting the level. 

not sure if you'd then be able to go from 0-100% on the pedal gain (for example). Think you'd need to compromise on the start and end point of the OD blend
    Yes that's how I've got it now - the OD kicks in at >70% and then I have the level of the drive increasing over the last 30%. As you say, it's a bit of a compromise because it leaves you with a limited range for the OD. It's fine, I can make it work, the main thing is you can't hear a specific jump when the drive kicks in which is the main thing I wanted. My mate's AxeFX lets you draw the shape of the curves so I was curious to see if that happened in Helix ecosystem too but looks like it doesn't. Fair enough, it's a fraction of the price!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30210
     Maybe with a Midi expression pedal?
    like the Source Audio Reflex, if you can find one.
    I've got one of those!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    I remember you saying.

I almost bought one and then realised I just wouldn’t use it enough. So I didn’t.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd