Beautiful Colour - Nitro Clear Buffing Advice

What's Hot
I recently bought some Steve Robinson’s (Manchester Guitar Tech) gloss nitro clear coat. It’s given me great results on a telecaster body with some trial and error. I’m just looking for some advice. I have contacted Steve but he is a busy bloke and there are likely many fretboarders who may also be able to help me. 

I have applied the clear nitro to a telecaster body. The back was perfect, but I left a small run on the front. I repaired the run and reapplied clear to the front and sides and I’m very happy with the outcome. 

Unfortunately from reapplying clear to the front and sides, some overspray / particles have landed on the back and the once glossy finish is now a little rough and certainly less shiny than before. 

Please could someone advise me whether I ought to totally reapply clear to the back (and risk overspray on the now finished front) or if the back can be brought to a high shine with wet sanding and a final buff. I’ve attached some pictures to help illustrate. 

Glossy front ready for wet sand and polish 

Hazy rear from overspray / dust:

The colour is Volkswagen Night Blue. It’s a different shade in different light. Beautiful azure in the sunlight and mysterious cosmos in the shade: 

Thanks all. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7137
    tFB Trader
    ghad said:
     I have contacted Steve 
    15 minutes ago!

Yes so long as you have enough clear on, you can flat sand to revove the overspray and buff. Be careful not to rub through, I'd start with 800, no coarser.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7900
    edited June 24
    Before wet sanding have at least 3-4 coats of clear then flat the laquer on the flat parts and be particularly careful on edges as they hold less paint, just use paper gently on the hand. Sand through the grits to 2000 then buff with a sponge and a wooly thing (I bought a drill attachment, go slow!) using a fine automotive type polish. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ghadghad Frets: 48
    Thanks Steve. Yep I've got 9 good coats on there. I'm going to let sit for a couple of weeks before wet sanding. Your site is an absolute treasure trove of knowledge. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom