Ebay Collection

What's Hot
SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2055
How does this work?

Is it like Gumtree where the buyer comes round to check things over, trial and pay cash (then transfer % to Ebay), or is it like Facebook Marketplace where you get hounded by loads of fake accounts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4703
    The buyer can pay through eBay as normal, then they get a QR code in their eBay app which the seller scans to confirm collection.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3862
    The buyer can pay through eBay as normal, then they get a QR code in their eBay app which the seller scans to confirm collection.
    Yeah. Very simple. Just don’t hand over anything until you get the collection code. 

I’ve bought expensive guitars and the sellers didn’t ask. I had to point out to them that I could have very easily claimed non-receipt. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • yeah, always ask for the collection code as so simple to do and protects both sides. be wary of anyone that doesn't want to give it..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 611
    You are alrightjack, a real star.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1332
    One piece of advice in a scenario where the buyer committed to buy but the collection doesn't happen for whatever reason - be careful which reason you select when cancelling the sale on eBay. I've forgotten the exact options but IIRC there's one that says item is no longer available, and another that says item is defective. Both of these will result in a strike on your account. The one that says the buyer changed their mind (forgot the exact wording) won't result in a strike. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom