Music Festivals

DavidRDavidR Frets: 837
edited June 24 in Live
Music festivals 'need intervention' - as number of cancellations hits 50 | Ents & Arts News | Sky News

An interesting result of (a) the ability to be last-minute with your booking and (b) the unpredictability of the weather in the UK. Maybe. Article suggests that as the cause anyway.

Having attended Noel Gallagher at Audley End last year, only to leave after 20 minutes due to very bad weather, I can understand the reasoning too. The horizontal rain we went equipped for, but we could not withstand the cold and one of our lot was pregnant so we hoisted the white flag.

I just checked the date again. It was the 5th August!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1759
    I did RockPrest in Preston last year, £20 pp, I lasted 5 minutes due to thunderstorms and hail; I had waterproofs and stuff with me but had no warning time.. the heavens literally opened.. damage done.  
    I can't imagine I'll pay in advance again.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Tastes change and money is tight, I'm not surprised they can't all continue otherwise we'd all be running them all the time surely? An opportunity for those who find themselves with no festival to run any more to try something new together perhaps?
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life