New Guitar(s) DAY! Koa Taylor Gold Foil Telecaster

stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 228
edited June 26 in Guitar
So recently I have been GASSING gassy giss goosing. I was asking about archtops, I have had messages with people here about a few things for sale...but idk, I just wasn't really sure what to do...I wanted an archtop, I also wanted an acoustic and I wanted a new electric, I wanted P90's...I wanted this...that....but I could not reach a conclusion.

Last Friday I went into the local music shop here and tried out one of those fancy shmancy £2000 Japanese made Gretsch pro custom pieces and it was buttery smooth, slickity-slick.
But it wasn't a huge difference from my old Korean Historic series Gretsch that I picked up for £350 a couple of years ago...it was just lighter and the pickups sounded different and the action was a hair nicer. I thought to myself..."well i'll just put a bigsby and a new nut on my Gretsch and take it for another set-up".

So the next day I went over to another music shop that's a little further away that stocks a slew of second-hand guitars as well as new..I decided to give a few acoustics a try... the brand new ones I had a go of were a Tanglewood, a Rathbone and a Crafter which were all nice enough....then I saw a second hand Taylor, the Koa wood one, so I gave it a go and....yes...this is it! It sounds lovely. Twelve hundred smackaroos though?....I thought....fugg it.....I want it....so I bought it.

Right....so that's story number one. This second story will be a bit shorter...

I saw this advertised for £650 so I bought it....

Took a trip out to Oldham and picked it up. I missed the boat when they were first released (in hindsight it's a blessing...I think they were £1100 upon release?). It's in near mint condition except for a chip in the finish around the rear strap button.

It's buttery smooth, the action is incredible and I like the mini humbucker pickups. Really nice guitar, it's a shame about the mahogany body though because it's pretty heavy but it's easily on the same level as my Japanese Vintage modified tele...infact with the 12 inch radius I reckon this one plays nicer in my hands...the finish has a few blemishes and the fret edges aren't rolled off into the fretboard like on the JV modified....but it was only £650 and it's a hell of a guitar!
0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8062
    Nice taylor and that tele is so cool!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stylesforfreestylesforfree Frets: 228
    Nice taylor and that tele is so cool!
    Thanks, yeah the tele is a joy to play for sure!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom