SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Precision Lyte - MIJ 1996 £595 - Photos added!

casapetecasapete Frets: 5
edited June 26 in Basses £

Selling my Fender Precision Lyte bass.  I have two near identical sunburst models ( with close serial numbers )

and this one was my spare during my touring years. I say 'spare' but in reality it never left the house,

which explains it being in immaculate condition. I bought this one in case my other one got nicked or met an unfortunate

end on the road ( it didn't but that's the one I'm keeping, and after nearly 800 gigs it is a bit roadworn. )

So, it makes sense to sell this beauty. I've had it a long time, and it has really been a case queen as they say. There are

one or two small marks but nothing like you will find on most basses from the mid 90's. Frets are not showing any wear, and

amazingly all the tops are still intact on the control knobs (these usually get lost over the years). Only other thing worth 

mentioning are some marks on the headstock edge, but again nothing nasty.

It dates from 1996 , and is one of the later / last of the standard Precision Lytes. I prefer this era due to the finishes

being more durable than the earlier models and also the chrome hardware, again better lasting than the gold stuff on the

early ones. I've had a few P-Lytes over the years and this one is possibly the best. The neck is a very slim Jazz bass profile,

1.5" at the nut. Build quality and finish are up to the usual Japanese high standard. It plays superbly, with a medium/low action.

Currently wearing a set of D'Addario EXL170s, 45-100 ( which have been on a while TBH).

Scale is the standard Fender 34" and it balances well on the strap. Controls are master volume / pan / bass / treble, with the

preamp using a standard 9v battery. Lots of tonal variety available, very versatile. 

It weighs a fantastic 6.8 lbs using my digital luggage scales, and is therefore a great choice for long gigs. 

Nothing has been altered from when it was new to my knowledge, and it really is a fabulous bass. I've recently retired from

doing lots of touring, so time to sell some stuff that I won't be needing anymore.

I will include a case - it's an old scruffy Gator ABS one but still does the job. I think £595 is a good price, especially considering

it's condition - have recently seen similar (not so tidy) basses advertised for between £649 and £779.

I would much prefer this to be a cash on collection sale or happy to deliver within say a 60 mile radius of Brough in

East Yorkshire for the cost of my diesel. Also could meet up somewhere if you're further away, PM me to arrange.

I will post it if necessary, but will need to source a box first. 

Photos now added - see link to Dropbox in comments below.

Thanks for reading, cheers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom