What's Hot
SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 876
    Well it looks wrong, wrong, wrong!
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 385
    I could see the 1-piece compensated saddle working on certain non-fender tele variants. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10012
    People who dislike 6-saddle Teles because they need the pressure of two strings on a saddle will be <checks notes> three times happier.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8975
    edited June 28
    I think the Tele ones look really smart, but I'm biased because back in 2001 I asked the CNC operator at the engineering shop I was working in to programme the machine from my drawing and mill me a very similar one piece saddle from a bar of aluminium bronze.  It sustained extremely well and intonated perfectly.  I should have taken it off and kept it when I passed on the guitar because, although I still have the drawing somewhere, I no longer work in an engineering workshop and it would cost me more to get another one made than to pay for one of those on the linked website.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    There’s a recent Tim Pierce video where he features a similar but even uglier single piece Tele bridge on a Shabat Tele that he’s just got 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2671
    I like it, but then I like Tele variants in general.
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 339
    Looks nice but why not take it too it's logical conclusion which is a solid one-piece brass saddle, bridge, guitar, string, cable, amp, hands, stage and tour bus? Think of the sustain you'd get then.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3592
    I like the look of those, but they seem to create more problems than they aim to solve.  Things like open tunings, wound string for the G.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25054
    I'm sure they're very well made but I don't like the look of the Tele bridge.  The offset one looks pretty cool.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    I like that they've managed to make something that looks and performs worse than the standard approach.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    It's an interesting thought experiment but I can't imagine how it would be - you know - better...? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • rossirossi Frets: 1736
    Looks nice but why not take it too it's logical conclusion which is a solid one-piece brass saddle, bridge, guitar, string, cable, amp, hands, stage and tour bus? Think of the sustain you'd get then.

.you left out the strap
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    Fugly!
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2587
    I'd imagine this design creates a lot of overtones, which may or may not be desirable. A some of the aftermarket Tele saddle manufacturers eg Callaham puta lot of emphasis on the fact that the individual saddles shouldn't touch each other on a 3 saddle bridge, whereas this is the opposite philosophy. 

I can see it working for slide guitar perhaps
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    edited June 29
    I like it, and a one-piece saddle is inherently no worse than a one-piece wraparound bridge

*edit* assumptions on being well-designed and implemented, which with Thorn it really will be
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1771
    The offset one looks quite nice.

I like the tele one as for once I can crow about my tele being more adjustable than something.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1432
    I like it, and a one-piece saddle is inherently no worse than a one-piece wraparound bridge

*edit* assumptions on being well-designed and implemented, which with Thorn it really will be
    Plenty of folk sing the praises of bar bridges on Gretsches and these off a similar thing while also offering some adjustability.